Casted Part 16

"I'm confused. Did you just say I'm opening for In Real Life?" I ask my agent with a frown. He nods and points a finger at me. 

"I don't care what is going on between you and Chance. This is good for you."

 "No, no it's really not. Why am I an opening act, Marcus? I told you if I went on tour I wanted to headline," I grumble. 

"What was I supposed to do Skylynn? Turn down a generous offer because your head has gotten too big?" He asks.

 I frown again and my head snaps up to look at him. "Excuse me?"

 "I didn't mean that," he mutters, pinching the bridge of his nose.

 "I'll have you know that I have tried my very best to stay grounded. I am not taking anything for granted because I know that all of this can be gone with one blink. I am so beyond grateful for every opportunity I have been given," I rant. 

"I know, I do." 

"And don't ever forget it," I snap. 

Marcus sighs and nods. "I'm sorry okay? This was the best I could do on such short notice. Just try it out? If it's not working out, then we send out a message to the fans apologizing and come up with an excuse."

 I sigh and stand up, running my hands over my face. "Fine. Whatever."

~~~~

I throw my suitcase in the bottom of the tour bus and climb inside, hesitating as I sit down next to Michael on one of the couches. He looks over at me and gives me a small smile. 

"Welcome to the tour Sky. It'll be a blast," he says.

 I smile and cross my legs. "I certainly hope so." The other boys all climb in, laughing about something. Their laughing ceases when they see me and Brady raises an eyebrow. 

"Brady, don't make this any harder than it already is," I mumble. 

"I wasn't going to. I wanted to apologize for how I acted last week at the awards. You're my friend and I should just let you be happy and make your own choices," he replies. 

I let out a sigh of relief and nod. "Thank you for that." 

"So, our opening act huh?" Sergio asks as they all sit down.

 "Yeah, my agent said it was a generous offer and there's a break in filming 13 Reasons right now, so I said I'd do it." 

"Glad to have you with us," Drew comments, squeezing my hand gently. 

I smile. "Glad to be here. I've missed you guys." I glance over at Chance for a moment. He's sitting across from me with his eyes cast to the ground. I kick his shoe with mine to get his attention. He looks up at me curiously.

 "Even you," I admit. 

He gives me a weak smile. "Yeah?" 

"Yeah."

~~~~

A couple weeks into the tour, it's like nothing had changed between the boys and me. We were all joking around with each other the way we used to, even Chance and I. We are backstage for the Chicago show. I had just finished my set and the boys were all jumping around, getting ready to go out. I lean against the wall and watch them all, taking a sip of water. Chance looks over at me and walks over, leaning against the wall beside me. 

"You sounded really good tonight. You are your best self out there," he says. I look at him and smile, shrugging a bit.

 "I love it out there. Entertaining the fans and singing. It's just so natural for me," I respond. 

Chance smiles. "I miss the way your face lights up when you talk about something you're passionate about. The little smile on your lips as you think about it and the way your eyes shine. It's mesmerizing." I bite my lip and look at him again. 

"I miss having you around to talk to. No one really gets me the way you do," I admit quietly. Chance locks eyes with me, his gaze moving to my lips for a brief moment before he looks at me again. 

"I've been miserable without you Sky. I really have," he whispers. I bite my lip harder, unsure of what to say. Chance takes the opportunity to lean down, pressing his lips against mine. Every fiber in me is telling me to push him away, but my body reacts differently. A heat rises in my stomach and my heart begins to beat rapidly. I slide my arms around his neck and kiss him back slowly. He presses me against the wall, kissing me deeper, his hands on either side of my head, pressing against the cold concrete. Someone clears their throat behind us and Chance pulls back, looking over his shoulder. 

"Time to get out there," Drew mutters, pointing toward the stage. Chance nods and watched the boys walk away before looking back at me. My face is flushed and I stare at him with wide eyes. 

"Sorry to cut this short. I've got to go entertain all those screaming girls," he teases with a wink. 

I smirk slightly and cross my arms over my chest. "As long as you don't plan on kissing any of them." 

"No promises." Chance winks and my mouth falls open slightly. He walks away with a small wave and I stare after him in awe. He did not just tease me like that.

*I know this is a short update, but I wanted to give you guys hope that Chance and Sky will be okay! Plus the other update was a little longer so this one didn't need to be*