What a Mess (Chapter 26)

Sky's POV:

"Are you here to steal more of my money?" My hand that's holding the door handle is turning white from my tense grip.

My mom rolls her eyes slightly and tries to step inside but I push the door closed slightly, forcing her back onto the porch. "Are you going to hold that against me forever?"

I look at her in shock. "You're actually serious? You took all of my money. I was completely broke because of you. Besides, you also didn't tell me I had a brother until it was convenient for you. Did you take his money too?"

"I didn't take his money. Would you just let me in so we can talk?" She huffs in frustration.

I laugh dryly. "We can talk right here. What do you want?"

"You can't marry Chance," she grumbles.

I shake my head. "See you already said that, and I already said you can't stop me."

"This isn't up for debate. I already arranged for you to marry someone else," she replies.

I raise an eyebrow and look over my shoulder at Emma who is watching with wide eyes. "Excuse me? I'm 23. You don't control me anymore. You haven't for a long time."

"You have to listen to me! I'm your mother!" She raises her voice then.

I laugh again and shake my head. "No, you're not. Coleen is my mother. She has been since dad died. You just want access to my money again because you blew through what you stole. Well guess what? You can't have it. So take your lies and go back to wherever you've been holed up for the past two years, and don't contact me again."

That seems to strike a cord and she takes a step back. "Coleen?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes, Brady's Mom. Remember my best friend? His family has taken care of me while you get high and drink away your pain."

"That's not fair. You know how hard your dad's death was on me!"

"It was hard on me too! He was my rock, my light! He spent everyday trying to make me happy! He risked his life day after day out there so we could live a good life! Instead you ripped that away from me! You took his death and used it as a way of making me miserable! I want nothing more to do with you. Just leave me alone," I snap, closing and locking the door then.

My hands are shaking as I slide down the wall beside the front door and squeeze my eyes shut. Emma walks over and hands me a new glass of wine, rubbing my back.

"That was pretty brave. I would never be able to stand up to my mom like that," she speaks softly.

I sip on my wine, staring at the wall. "I can't believe she tried to lie and say she arranged a marriage for me. All for the money."

"Just focus on Chance okay? Focus on the wedding," Emma replies. I nod and look at her, giving her a weak smile before I stand up and grab my phone, texting Chance.

Princess: Emma helped me decide on Disneyland. Is that okay?

Fiancé: Are you joking?? Of course that's okay! I think I just fell more in love with you! 😍

Princess: Mm...not possible. You're already pretty whipped 😋

Fiancé: Wooowww...I see how it is!

Princess: 😘

Fiancé: I'm here at Disneyland now with Brooklyn so why don't I set it all up now? We already know we want to have the wedding in May, so I can see what's available.

Princess: That's perfect. What would I do without you?

Fiancé: Hmm...not sure. Haha I love you and I'll see you at home in a few hours.