What a Mess (Chapter 15)

Sky's POV:

Chance and I are walking down the hall to my hotel room quietly. My mind keeps going back to Michael kissing me though. I try to forget, but I can't.

"So, what time should I pick you up tomorrow?" Chance asks. I barely hear him and he nudges me with his hip gently.

"Hm?" I blink and look up at him as we get to my door.

Chance raises an eyebrow and leans against the wall. "What's up with you? Have you heard a word I've said since we got back?"

"I'm sorry. I was just thinking about the ball. It was so much fun," I lie...We promised each other no more lies. This one would crush him though.

Chance smiles and kisses my temple. "It was, wasn't it? I'm already looking forward to next year."

I smile a bit and open the door. As we get inside, I kick my heels off, sighing slightly in relief. "It never gets easier."

Chance chuckles and shuts the door, locking it behind him. "What? Wearing heels?"

I nod in confirmation and sit down on the edge of my bed.

"What time do you want me to pick you up tomorrow?" He asks, sitting beside me.

"To go to Mama Perez's?" I question, looking over at him. Chance nods and looks at me.

"Whenever is fine. I can be ready as early as you need me to be. If you want to go early to help set up, then we can do that," I reply after a moment.

"Okay. Let's say noon then? That'll put us there at 2," he states. I smile and nod. 

"Sounds like a plan!"

"Oh by the way, the boys are going to come spend the night tomorrow night so we can all do something on Christmas Day together. They'll probably be there around 9 or 10," Chance adds, starting to undo his tie.

My stomach drops and I look down so he can't see how wide my eyes are right now. "Oh they are? That'll be cool."

No! No! No! Not cool! Not cool!

"Yeah it should be fun. I think Brady is bringing Kayte too," he replies, tossing his tie across the room where it lands on the small arm chair.

"Oh awesome! I know she's been traveling with me for the last three weeks, but I love her. She's like a sister to me," I answer.

Kayte is going to be so pissed at me...

"I know. That's why Brady is bringing her along. Well, that, and he's completely in love with her," Chance says.

I laugh and nod. "Completely in love is an understatement."

Chance rubs his hands together slightly and bites his lip. "They aren't the only ones."

"What?" I look at him curiously and he slowly turns to face me, grabbing my hands in his.

"Sky, We've known each other since April now, and we've been dating for 4 months. I knew from the moment I met you that you were going to be somebody special in my life. I didn't realize just how special you truly are to me until you agreed to go out with me. You make me strive to be a better person and I don't only want to be better for you, but for myself too, and for Brooklyn. You inspire me every day to continue to reach for my dreams because you never know what could happen and I know that only because you are so successful. I want to go on adventures with you and sing with you. I want to dance with you and hold you, kiss you. What I'm trying to say is, I love you Skylynn Heart," Chance gushes.

My eyes widen and my heart starts pounding against my ribs. "Y-You do?" I stutter.

This is what I wanted. I was going to tell him I love him. But Michael kissed me. Would it be honest if I said I loved Chance? Yes...because I do. I love him.