What a Mess (Chapter 17)

Sky's POV:

Skylynn Heart, a fake? Rumor has it that newbie Skylynn Heart cannot actually sing.

She's the biggest phony this generation has seen.

She's a liar and a cheater.

What do people see in her?

What does Chance see in  her?

How did she even get a career in music?

She steals other people's songs.

I read through the headlines quietly, biting my lip harshly. "What's going on?" I whisper.

Jon leans down over the back of the couch and frowns. "I have no idea."

"It's been going on all week. People are saying I'm fake, and I can't sing," I look at him, throwing my phone down.

"So prove them wrong Sky," he offers.

I watch him as he walks around the couch and sits beside me. "How do I do that?"

"Record yourself in the studio. People will see you are actually singing and they'll shut up. Everyone who knows you knows that you can sing. You just have to show the haters," Jon explains.

I smile a bit and look over at him again, taking a sip of water. "Thank you."

Jon shrugs slightly. "You know I love listening to you sing. Now how about we get in there and record our song?"

"The fans are going to go crazy when they find out we are recording a song together," I admit, standing up.

Jon grins. "Let's not disappoint them then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chance's POV:

"I really hope Sky is okay. She seemed really down when we talked earlier because of all those idiots making up lies about her," Brady mumbles worriedly.

"She just doesn't get a break does she?" Drew asks, sitting down with a plate of food.

Brady's jaw clenches slightly and he looks at Drew. "She has a rough life. She lost her dad when she was 9, she has an alcoholic, drug addicted mother who stole her money, she was bullied all through high school, and now she's being attacked by people who don't even know her. And yet despite it all, she keeps coming back with a smile on her face. She's probably the strongest girl I have ever met and I could not be more proud of her."

Drew nods slightly and holds his hands up in surrender. "I wasn't trying to sound mean or anything Brady. I just feel bad that she keeps getting hurt."

"Really? You didn't care when you tried to take advantage of her," I butt in then, crossing my arms over my chest.

Drew looks up at me. "I thought we were passed this? I apologized."

"To me. You apologized to me, not to her. She's still afraid to look at you or be near you." I add.

"I'll apologize when we see her on New Year's Eve then. Chance, come on. I feel terrible," Drew says with a sigh.

I shake my head slightly and pat Brady's shoulder then. "Brady, you said it yourself. She's the strongest girl you know. She's going to bounce back."

Brady sighs and nods, looking at me. "You're really good for her, you know?"

I raise my eyebrows slightly, not expecting him to say that. "What?"

"You're always really positive, and that keeps her positive. Plus, she very clearly loves you and that alone makes her happy. It's nice to see her smile a genuine smile because of you." Brady takes a sip of water.