What a Mess (Chapter 13)

Sky's POV:

"I think someone just rang the doorbell Chance!" His Mom yells from the kitchen.

"Someone take the turkey out of the oven!" I call, finishing up setting the table.

"I got the door!" Chance yells.

"I got the turkey!" Paisley shouts, running down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Hey guys! Come on in! Happy Thanksgiving!" I hear Chance exclaims happily.

I brush my hands off on a wet rag and toss it in the washer before I walk out to the living room to join Chance. I smile when I see that Sergio and his family have arrived.

"Hey! Happy Thanksgiving!" I hug Sergio gently and he smiles, hugging me back. 

The doorbell rings again and this time I open it since Chance is chatting with Sergio and his family. I grin when Brady appears on the other side of the door and throw my arms around him.

"B!" He chuckles and stumbles back slightly.

"Hi Sky. The family missed you," he nods behind him and I smile, hugging Coleen, Ryan and Casey tightly. They hug me back happily and head inside.

As I'm about to close the door, I hear someone call my name. I look out to the driveway and see Michael and his family walking up the path.

"Happy Thanksgiving!" Michael smiles and I smile back, kissing his cheek.

"Hey! Welcome! Come on in!" I step aside as he lets his family in first.

"Wow, it's like this is your house or something! You're already hosting," Michael teases. I stick my tongue out at him.

"Well they've let me stay with them for a week. The least I can do is help out," I reply.

Michael chuckles and walks inside then. I smile and shake my head.

"Uh, hey Sky," I hear someone say behind me. I tense up a bit and turn around, plastering a fake smile on my face for Drew's family.

"Hi! Come in, come in!" I usher them inside and follow after them, shutting the door. Chance's eyes catch mine and he gives me a questioning look to see if I'm okay. I walk over to him and he slides his arm around my waist. I shake my head slightly, and he knows full well that I'm nervous to have Drew around.

"Alright everyone, well, take a seat. We can grab drinks for you all. Dinner is already done so we can eat if you'd like. The table is right around the corner," Chance explains, gesturing to the right of the kitchen. Everyone files in and Chance takes the opportunity to kiss my forehead and whisper softly, "it'll be okay. Just don't talk to him if you don't want to. I understand."

I look up at him and nod and we head to the kitchen to grab wine glasses for the adults and small cups for the rest of us. Chance grabs Brooklyn's hand and leads her into the dining room to sit her down.

"Mikey!" She claps her hands together excitedly. Michael grins and hugs her tightly as her seat is right next to him.

"What's up cutie?! Are you ready to eat lots of food?" He asks.

Brooklyn grins and nods. "I'm gonna have turkey, potatoes, and bread, and jello!" She points to each dish she wants and everyone laughs.

"I think that sounds pretty good!" Michael nudges her gently and she giggles, smiling widely at him.

Chance's Mom goes around and pours wine for the adults and Chance pours some sparkling cider for the rest of us. He takes his seat beside Brooklyn and I sit next to him quietly.