Casted Part 7

For the next couple months I am in New York working on my appearance as Belle in Beauty and the Beast and filming Tangled with Tom. I've been non stop filming and rehearsing. I haven't seen Chance in about two months because he's been touring with the boys. We FaceTime every night, no matter how tired we are, but it's not the same as seeing each other in person. 

I walk onto the set of Tangled, ready for the day ahead but also a little bummed because I miss Chance so much. I guess that's what love will do to you. I go straight to hair and makeup and they put extensions in my hair to make me Rapunzel and I go change into my purple and gold dress before heading out to where everyone is. The director smiles as I step out and looks at the long train of hair behind me. 

"Is it heavy?" He asks. I laugh a bit and nod. 

"I think heavy is a bit of an understatement." I counter and he laughs. 

"Alright, let's do the scene where you are at the pub and you meet all the thugs and sing I Have A Dream." I nod and Tom and I stand off camera until the director yells action. 

"I'm telling you! This is the perfect place for you!" Tom exclaims as we walk through the door. All the thugs turn and sneer at us and I gasp, my eyes widening as I look around. The door slams shut behind us and both Tom and I quickly spin around. 

"This is you. You're the guy the kingdom is looking for." One of the thugs growls.

 Tom sighs and shakes his head. "Boys, boys. I've done nothing wrong! They're overreacting." The thugs pick Tom up and start fighting over who gets the money for turning him in. I look around for something I can use to distract them and I climb up on one of the tables, using my hair to drag a lever down and it snaps, hitting one of the thugs in the head and they all stop and turn to look at me, glaring at me. I full and hold my frying pan close to me.

 "Put him down! He is helping me see the floating lanterns! It's my dream! Haven't any of you ever had a dream?!" I shout in frustration. The biggest of all the thugs slowly bounds towards me, stopping just about an inch from me and I blink a few times, my eyes wide with fear. 

"I had a dream once," he says, his voice hoarse. "

Huh?" Tom raises an eyebrow, but the thugs all sneer at him and hold him tighter. The thug walks over to the piano and starts to play, singing his part and the other thugs join in.

 When they all look at Tom, he laughs and shakes his head. "No. I don't sing. You guys are crazy." The thugs sneer and hold swords out, pointed straight at him. Tom gulps and stands up, getting up on the counter and starts dancing. 

"I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny. On an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone, surrounded by enormous piles of money!" The thugs cheer and I stand up on the counter again, swinging around a pillar. 

"I have a dream! I have a dream! I just wanna see the floating lanterns gleam! And with every passing hour, I'm so glad I left my tower! Like all you lovely folks I've got a dream!" I spin around, and wobble as I hit the edge of the counter and topple forward, where Tom catches me in his arms. I look up at him for a moment before he quickly puts me down and we all finish the song together. The director yells cut and we all laugh and high five.

 "Excellent work! Take five while we look at the footage!" I unclip the extensions, leaving them draped over a chair and run my fingers through my hair, walking over to the food table to grab a bottle of water. 

"I mean, that was pretty amazing to watch. Has anyone ever told you that you have a serious gift?" My eyes light up when I hear the familiar voice and I spin around.