What a Mess (Chapter 27)

Sky's POV:

"You look so familiar. What do you do?" Emma asks Nick softly.

Nick smiles a bit. "Oh, I'm an actor."

Brady sits up then, clearing his throat. "Really? What have you been in?"

"I was in Frenemies, Melissa and Joey, and Jurassic World," Nick informs us.

I gasp slightly. "Oh yeah! You were the big brother!"

Everyone mutters slightly in recognition and I lean against Chance. "Okay, So my mom clearly needs money or she wouldn't be doing this. Maybe there's a way to convince her there's no money to gain?"

Nick shrugs slightly and rubs his fingers through his hair. "My dad must want some money too. Or maybe he wants grandkids to carry on the family name? Either way, they shouldn't have set this up."

I nod in agreement and Chance rubs my arm lightly. 

"Can I suggest something?" Coleen asks quietly. I look over at her and nod. "Just ignore it and don't get married."

"If only It were that easy. Technically because they signed some sort of legal document, we would be breaking some law or something. It's binding unless one of us gets ill or dies," Nick replies.

"So then what if you guys just tell your parents that there's no money and that you can't have kids because of the accident Sky? Maybe they'll back down then?" Shawnee suggests.

I sigh and look at Nick who shrugs slightly. "It's a worth a shot."

I pull out my phone and dial the one number I never wanted to use again. It rings a few times before she answers.

"Guess you met Nick huh?" I can practically hear her sarcastic smirk.

I roll my eyes slightly and put her on speaker for everyone to hear. "I did. I know you're doing this for money and all, but you do realize that Nick doesn't have any money to give you right?"

"What do you mean? He got paid a lot of money for Jurassic World," she responds.

I bite the inside of my cheek. "Yeah, But his money is safely in a savings account that he can't access until he's older."

"How much older?" She asks with a bitter tone.

I glance around at everyone and then hold up a few numbers for me. "Until He has retired. What good does that do you?"

I hear my mom slam something and she groans. "I think you're lying so you can marry that stupid boy."

I watch Shawnee frown and open her mouth but Presley quickly covers her mouth so she doesn't say anything.

"Okay, well first off Chance isn't a stupid boy. And second, it's the truth. Ask his dad who you made the damn deal with," I snap, closing my eyes.

My mom scoffs. "Fine, I will."

The second I hang up Nick dials his dad's number. "Hey dad, So there's a little kink in your plan."

He listens for a moment before nodding. "Well, I get that you want grandkids and you want someone to carry on the family name so we'll always be well off, but Skylynn can't have kids."

He listens again. "I know she has two with him, but after the car accident she was in, the doctors say she can't have kids. Sorry to disappoint, but you need to realize this wasn't meant to be and call it off."

He listens again before covering the speaker and looks at me. "He's pissed, but he's going to get our lawyer to draw up new papers confirming the cancellation."