Casted Part 11

Saturday comes way too fast for my liking. I'm back in my old high school in a room just off the gym where I'll be performing. I'm pacing back and forth nervously, shaking my hands out in front of me, trying to breathe. I can hear all the voices out in the gym, which just makes me more nervous. Tears are streaming down my cheeks as I think about my high school career with the people filling the stands. 

"I can't do this. Not in front of everyone." I say aloud, running both hands through my hair, trying to stop the tears from falling. 

"Hey. Hey, hey, hey. Breathe." I turn around and see Sofia standing there and I sigh slightly in relief, running to her to wrap my arms tightly around her. 

"Oh my god you're here. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me." I whisper quickly. Sofia rubs my back gently and looks at me, wiping my tears away.

 "I know this is serious for you. I know how nervous you are because of who is out there. I want you to know that I'm here for you no matter what. You're going to smash it out there and leave all the haters in the dust." I sigh slightly and run my fingers through my hair. 

"I don't know Sofia. There are a lot of people out there rooting against me." I respond. She shakes her head then and grabs my hands gently. 

"So what? They don't matter. Where you are now matters. You are the one who is super successful and happy. They're all about to be jealous of the gorgeous, talented girl you've become. I'm not just saying that because I'm your best friend either." 

I smile slightly and hug her again. "Thank you so much for being here. You're the greatest best friend anyone can ask for." 

"I'm not the only one who came to support you." Sofia says then. I raise an eyebrow and all of a sudden Dove walks into the room quietly. I look at Sofia in shock and she gives me a small nod to hear her out. Dove hesitantly walks over to me then, looking down at her hands. 

"Sky, look, I am so sorry for what I did. I was jealous and intimidated by you and I did something completely stupid and I cannot express my apologies enough. I was being so insecure. I love being your best friend okay? I was so stupid for allowing myself to think you were out to get me because I know you weren't. Things happen you know? People fall in and out of love and I accept that you and Chance are in love and happy. I accept that you got the part because you simply out performed me. I don't want to live a life where you hate me because you are so sweet and kind and talented and you're such an amazing friend to everyone you cross paths with. I want that back. So I am so sorry." Dove speaks softly, a few tears rolling down her cheeks. I sigh and wrap my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder. 

"That's all I wanted to hear you say. I forgive you Dove." I reply after a minute. 

She laughs slightly and hugs me back, wiping at her eyes. "I am here to support you tonight okay? Whatever you need." 

I smile and nod. "Thank you so much. Seriously, you both are amazing. I love you guys." Dove and Sofia both smile. 

"Now let's get you dressed for the show! Come on!" Dove pushes me lightly to the clothing rack and I laugh. I settle on a royal blue skater skirt and a white lace crop top with white heels. I curl my hair loosely and do some light makeup that makes my eyes pop. Sofia and Dove pick outfits of the same color and I can't help but feel more relaxed. 

"Sorry I'm late! I got caught in traffic!" Thomas comes jogging in, out of breath. 

I smile and hug him tightly. "You're not late. Thanks for being here." 

He hugs me back gently, rubbing my back. "Of course." 

"Thomas?" Dove asks hesitantly. 

"Oh hey Dove." Thomas speaks softly, an awkward tension filling the air.