What a Mess (Chapter 4)

Sky's POV:

Kayte and I run up to the stage and attack Brady in a tight celebratory hug.

"You did it! We are so happy for you!" I shriek. 

Brady grins and hugs us both back. As I pull away, Brady takes the opportunity to wrap both arms around Kayte, resting his chin on her shoulder. I smile at my two best friends for a moment and feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn to see Coleen standing there with Ryan and grin, hugging them both. 

"Your son is going to be a big star! Look out Ryan, he's coming for your followers!" I tease.

Ryan laughs and messes up my hair like he's done since we were little and I huff. "Hey!"

"You know better than to tease me!" Ryan sticks his tongue out at me and I stick mine out right back at him.

"Whatever loser," I say, a small smile playing at my lips. Ryan chuckles and I find myself searching the stage for Chance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chance's POV:

I did it. I'm in the band. I am one of the members of In Real Life.

"Baby! You did it! I'm so proud of you!" My mom walks over, holding out her free arm to me for a hug. I grin and hug her back tightly and take Brooklyn into my arms.

"Thanks mom. Thank you for being so supportive through this whole thing." I kiss Brooklyn's nose softly and she giggles, wrapping her small arms around my neck. 

"I'm not the only one who's been supporting you, huh?" My mom smirks and I bite the inside of my cheek, fighting my urge to smile.

"Who? Sky? Yeah she's really sweet," I say quietly.

"She seems nice. And she's really cute too," She says, nudging me slightly.

I feel myself blush and I shake my head, looking down. "Mom,"

"I'm just saying. You guys would be cute." 

I smile and hesitantly look around, seeing Sky on the other side of the stage. At the same time, she looks over her shoulder and spots me and I give her a small wave. She smiles and slowly weaves her way through the crowd of families and friends to come by me. Holy crap I like her so much. Why am I falling so hard for her?

I stand up straighter, preparing myself to talk to her, but someone cuts her off and steps in front of me, blocking my view. "Hey man! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!"

I blink a few times and look up slightly, Devin standing in front of me with a grin.

"Hey! You came!" I exclaim, giving him a quick pat on the back.

"Yeah, Sky invited me!"

My stomach drops slightly and I look at him in confusion. "She invited you?" I ask.

Devin nods. "Yeah dude. She's a sweetheart huh?" He comments.

This is my fault. I didn't tell him to back off. I didn't tell her I liked her.  Wait, but she said she would go on a date with me. I'm really reading into this.

"Yeah she's really nice," I say after a moment.

Devin smiles a bit and waves at Brooklyn. "Yeah she is, and I'm like 90% sure she has a crush on you dude. Not gonna lie."

I glance at him in surprise. "Oh really?"

"Well yeah. She asked me to be here for you, which I think is so cute. Clearly she was worried about you."