The Lonely (Chance Imagine)

*based off of the song The Lonely by Christina Perri*

2 a.m. where do I begin...

It's 2 a.m. now and the streets below my apartment are still super busy with people coming back from concerts and theaters. I live in the heart of LA with my boyfriend...

Well we used to live together...

My cheeks are red and tear stained from crying all night. I hold Chance's jacket close to my chest and let my eyes wander to the picture of us on the coffee table. In the picture, Chance is kissing my cheek, his arm draped over my shoulders and I am smiling happily at the camera.

I sniffle as I remember that day...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*FLASHBACK*

Chance kisses my cheek and I snap the picture, giggling slightly as I push him away from me and take off running, slipping my phone into my back pocket.

"Hey!" He shouts after me and I laugh, looking over my shoulder. He starts chasing after me and I let out a small shriek, running faster. He catches up easily and wraps his arms around me from behind, swinging me around. I let out a small squeal and turn around in his arms, my hands pressing against his chest as I look up at him. Chance grins down at me and kisses my nose softly. I scrunch up my nose slightly and smile, brushing some hair out of his eyes gently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now all the memories of being with Chance come flooding back and more tears fall as I think about some of my favorite moments with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*FLASHBACK*

Chance and I are sitting with our friends Michael, Brady, Sergio, and Drew. We are playing the game Sorry to kill some time. Chance and I are teamed up and he rubs his hands together in anticipation as I pull a card from the pile. 

"Come on...come on..." Chance says under his breath. I flip the card over and it has the number 5. I cheer excitedly as that's the number we need to win and move our last pawn into our circle.

"Winner, winner. Chicken dinner!" I tease. Chance cheers and high fives me and I kiss his cheek softly, making him smile. The boys all groan in defeat, causing Chance and I to laugh. In this moment we don't have a care in the world. We just sit there and laugh together blissfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*FLASHBACK*

We are sitting at Steak 'n' Shake together in a booth by the windows, sipping contentedly on our milkshakes. I have my mint oreo, and he has his chocolate strawberry as always. I look out the window, watching the snow fall. 

"Are you alright?" Chance asks when I let out a small sigh.

I tear my gaze away from the white flakes and look at his worried face. I reach across the table and grab his hands in mine. "I'm perfect Chance. It was a happy sigh. I was thinking that this will be our first Christmas together. I couldn't be more excited to spend the holiday with you."

Chance smiles and brings one of my hands to his lips, kissing my knuckle softly. "I can't wait to spend Christmas with you."

I smile and the waitress walks over and sets the check down then. I reach for my wallet, but Chance picks up the check and heads for the cashier in one swift movement. I laugh slightly and shake my head as he shoots me a wink and pays for the shakes.