Let Me Make it Up to You (Chance Imagine)

*for camcam1215105*

I ring the doorbell, running my fingers through my hair as I wait for the owner to open the door. I hear some rustling behind the door and the lock slowly clicks. As the door opens, I come face to face with a tall boy with dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes. He smiles kindly.

"Hi, are you the babysitter?" He asks softly.

I nod and hold out my hand. "Yeah, I'm Camey."

"I'm Chance. Nice to meet you. Come on in." He shakes my hand and steps aside, letting me into the house.

I step inside quietly and take a look around. "You can set your purse down anywhere. Thank you for coming on such short notice. My mom called and needs me to pick her up from the hospital. She was in some sort of accident."

"Oh my gosh, is she okay?" I ask, turning toward him.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. She's fine. She just can't drive within twenty four hours of the hospital visit," he replies, waving his hand dismissively.

A little girl who can't be older than two comes running in, wearing just a shirt and a diaper. She hugs Chance's leg tightly and eyes me shyly.

"Brooklyn, this is Camey. She's going to watch you for a little bit until I get home with Grammy okay? Be good and listen to her," Chance says as he bends down and kisses her forehead softly.

I smile and bend down to her height, waving at her. She waves back and giggles. "Hi!"

"So, I should be back before she has to go to bed. I don't anticipate being later than eight. There is peanut butter in the cabinet and bread on the counter. She likes peanut butter sandwiches, and then if you want to give her some chips from the pantry. Around 7, you can get her into her pjs, and I'll give her a bath tomorrow morning. If you need anything, feel free to text or call me. My number is on the coffee table," Chance explains as he stands back up.

I nod and give him a small smile. "We'll be just fine. Right?" I ask Brooklyn and she nods.

"Yep! Daddy go!" Chance laughs at her response and slips his shoes on, heading out the door.

"So what should we do?" I ask Brooklyn, looking down at her.

"Come see my toys!" She grabs my hand and pulls me toward her room at the back of the house.

------------

8 o'clock comes and goes and I'm sitting on the couch with Brooklyn asleep in my lap. I pull my phone out and hesitantly text Chance.

Me: Do you want me to put her to bed?

There's no response, so I call him. By 8:30, I give up and lift Brooklyn carefully into my arms, walking to her room. I lay her down in her bed and cover her up, brushing some hair out of her face. I walk back out to the living room and lay down on the couch. 

9:30 comes and I still haven't gotten an answer from Chance. By now I'm pretty pissed. I shoot my friend a quick text.

Me: Hey sorry. My babysitting gig is running way over schedule so I won't be able to make it to your birthday party tonight. I'll make it up next weekend, I promise xx

Jess: What?! That's so unfair! I've had this planned for a month!

Me: I know Jess. I am so sorry. He isn't answering my texts or calls, and I can't just leave his daughter alone. She's two.

Jess: You shouldn't have taken the job in the first place. You're supposed to be here.

Me: Jess, come on. You know I need the money.

Jess doesn't answer after that and I sigh, squeezing my eyes shut.

I must have passed out because the next thing I know, someone is gently shaking me. I open my eyes and see Chance kneeling beside me. I sit up and pull my hair over my shoulder.

"Why didn't you answer my texts or calls?" I mumble, staring down at my hands.

"I'm really sorry. The doctor was really backed up and couldn't sign her release form and then my phone died so I couldn't text you," Chance tries to explain.

I shake my head and stand up, grabbing my purse. "I was supposed to be at my best friend's birthday party tonight. Now she's pissed and won't talk to me."

"I'm so sorry. I tried to get them to hurry up. I wish I could have done something." Chance pulls his wallet out and hands me $100.

I slowly take the money and frown, walking to the door. "Don't expect me to come back. I can't work for someone who doesn't give warning that they won't be on time."

I hear Chance sigh behind me and he gently grabs my arm, turning me toward him. "Wait, let me make it up to you Camey."

"How?" I ask softly, looking up at him.

"How about I take you out on a date?" He offers, rubbing the back of his neck.

My eyes widen in surprise and I'm at a loss for words. "Wait, what?" I finally ask.

"I thought you were really cute when you first walked in, and the way Brooklyn immediately wanted to talk to you, it just made me even more fond of you. So what do you say? Will you go on a date with me?" Chance continues.

I bite my lip and look up at him again. "You really think I would go out with you when I don't even know you?"

"I'm a part of a boyband called In Real Life, I have a two year old daughter because I got my ex girlfriend pregnant when we were 17. I am a big family man and I take care of everyone else before I take care of myself." Chance states quickly.

I let out a small giggle and bite my lip again. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, I'll go on a date with you," I reply with a small smile.

Chance grins slightly and shoves his hands in his pockets. "Tomorrow at eight then. I promise I'll be on time."

"Mhm. I'm holding you to that Chance." I say with a smirk.

"As you should."