Casted Part 12

The next day we are all up around 6 to film more music videos and to finish up some scenes. I haven't really talked to Thomas since we kissed last night, but I've been less than focused because I can't stop thinking about it. 

"Earth to Sky!" I hear someone yell. I blink a few times and look over my shoulder to find Chance, a concerned look on his face. 

"What's going on with you? It's like you're in another world." 

"Sorry, I'm just really tired still. The emotional ups and downs from last night really got to me," I answer, running my fingers through my hair. 

Chance kissed my forehead softly. "I understand. Come on, don't wanna keep the director waiting." I sigh a bit and nod. We walk over to the rest of the group and Chance slides his arm around my shoulders. Thomas glances over at me and I give him a small smile. He winks at me, making me bite the inside of my cheek. 

"Let's do the bike race scene," the director says after lunch. Thomas and I stand up and get ready for the scene, our hair and makeup getting touched up by the stylists. 

"Action!" The director yells. 

I stand in the crowd, watching the race intently. "Come on Sean! You got this!" I shout excitedly, clapping my hands a few times. As the racers hit the last turn, Thomas cuts the others off and takes the win. The crowd cheers and I jump up and down happily. Thomas comes through the gate then, taking his helmet off and he shakes his hair out. The crowd gathers around him to take pictures and ask for his autograph and I stand back quietly, watching with a small smirk on my face. Thomas spots me then and pushes through the crowd, walking over to me with a grin. 

"Well look at you acting all triumphant," I tease.

 Thomas chuckles. "Well I did just win a regional competition." 

I smile and hug him gently. "Congratulations." He smiles and hugs me back and we walk toward the food tent so he can grab some water. 

"Thank you for coming," he says after a few moments. I nod and look over at him, leaning against the table. 

"Well you asked me to be here. I wasn't going to say no. I'm glad I got to see you in action. You look so comfortable out there," I explain. Thomas smiles and stands in front of me, blocking the sun from my face and looks down at me. 

"I am comfortable out there. It's where I go when I need an escape. Like you with your music, you know?" I nod and glance up at him.

 "I know exactly what you mean. My music is the only thing that keeps me sane sometimes. Whenever I'm having a bad day, or I'm tired, or even when I'm happy, I listen to music and I write songs because it's an escape from reality." 

Thomas smiles a bit. "Exactly. I don't even come out here to win. I just come out here to ride. If I do win, well it's a bonus, but I don't come out here seeking attention. I just come out here to mount up on my bike and go." I bite the inside of my cheek slightly. 

"Well you don't need to win a race to be a winner anyways. As long as you're doing what you love and smiling while you do it, then you're a winner to me," I look up at him, my voice trailing off as he steps closer, leaning down toward me. Our noses brush for a moment and I close my eyes in anticipation. 

"Sean! Sean! There you are! I saw the race! Congrats on your win!" Bethan comes out from behind the tent then and Thomas sighs. I pull back quickly, scratching my head awkwardly. 

Thomas chuckles slightly. "Unbelievable." 

Bethan walks over and looks between the two of us. "What? Did I interrupt something?"