Don't You Forget About Me (Brady Imagine)

*for Rsipley*

"Rayanna!" I hear the familiar voice of my best friend behind me and I grin, spinning around.

"Brady!" I tackle him in a hug and he spins me around excitedly. "I missed you so much!"

He smiles and looks at me, brushing some hair out of my face. "I missed you too girl."

"Are you excited to see what happens tonight? You've been so amazing on the show so far and I know you are going to be in the top five!"

"I'm excited of course, but I'm so nervous. I mean, I'm classically trained Rayanna. What if people don't like me as a pop artist?" Brady confides.

I sigh and grab his hands. "Brady, listen. You are crazy talented and America would be stupid not to see that. I voted as many times as I could for you, and I know the family did and we tried to get everyone in Wisconsin to as well. You're good. Do not doubt yourself, okay?"

Brady squeezes my hands gently and nods. "Where would I be without you?" He asks.

I shrug and break into a small grin. "Dead in a ditch maybe?" I joke.

Brady chuckles and kisses my forehead, wrapping me in his arms. I smile and close my eyes, hugging him back tightly.

"Ah, is this the girlfriend you're always talking about?" A boy comes up then with a small smile.

I pull away from Brady and raise an eyebrow. "Girlfriend? Did I miss something?"

Brady shakes his head and his cheeks turn a bright red. "No. Rayanna, this is Jayden. Jayden, this is my best friend Rayanna."

Jayden looks between the two of us. "Oh man! I'm sorry! The way he talks about you, I swore you guys were dating!"

"How does he talk about me?" I question. 

Brady quickly covers Jayden's mouth with his hand, his cheeks even brighter red. "Can we talk?" He asks me quickly. I look at him in confusion and nod, and he grabs my hand, pulling me into a back room.

"Are you okay Brady?" I ask worriedly.

"Okay, so I've been thinking about this for awhile, but I didn't know if I should say anything because I wasn't sure how you would feel and I definitely do not want to ruin our friendship because it means everything to me." He takes a deep breath. "I really like you Rayanna, a lot."

My eyes widen and I stare at him in shock. "You...do?" I stutter.

Brady shrinks back and looks down at the ground, nodding slightly. "I knew it. You don't feel the same way and I shouldn't have said anything. Please don't stop being friends with me. I can push my feelings down." He pleads with me, afraid to look me in the eye.

"Brady, that's not what I was going to say. I just didn't know you felt the same way. I like you too B. I have for a long time and I was scared to say it."

Brady's mouth falls open and he looks at me then. "Wait really? You like me too?"

I crack a small smile and slide my hands around his cheeks. "Yes B, I do."

"My heart is literally racing right now." Brady laughs and I giggle as he takes one of my hands and presses it against his chest.

"You sure it's not because you're about to go onstage and find out if you won?" I tease.

Brady shakes his head and chuckles. I smile and look up at him, biting my lip. He slowly leans down and-

"Show time! Everyone to the stage!" A stagehand yells.