Casted Final Part (Version 2)

"Coma?" I ask in confusion as the nurse starts checking my vitals.

"They took the tumor out, but your brain couldn't heal fast enough. You crashed on the table. They were able to bring you back, but you've been in a coma for the past three months while your brain healed. I'm so glad you're okay," Chance breathes in relief. He leans down to kiss my forehead but I lean away from him slightly and he frowns.

"I don't understand. I woke up just fine after surgery. You accused me of cheating shortly after and we separated. You got back with Emma," I mumble.

Chance looks at the nurse and slowly shakes his head. "No, sweetie. None of that happened. It must have been a dream."

"A dream that lasted over a year? That's how much time has passed," I reply.

"That's common in a coma patient. You have very vivid hallucinations that feel real and disorient you after you wake up. You're memory will come back shortly," the nurse assures.

"It was so real though," I mumble.

"You're awake!" I look towards the door and my heart flutters slightly when I see Brandon standing there with some balloons.

I smile a bit and nod and watch as he walks over, kissing my forehead softly.

"Brandon," I say softly. He sits down and nods for me to continue.

"You and Jaz, are you guys together?" I ask, trying to figure out what's real and what's not.

Brandon frowns and shakes his head. "Nope. She officially called it quits a few weeks ago."

My heart swells slightly and I look at Chance for a moment before looking back at Brandon.

"I have to say something, but you're both going to think I'm crazy," I mutter.

They look at each other and then look back at me. Chance sits on the edge of the bed and grabs my hand. Brandon leans forward in his seat, his elbows resting on his knees, rubbing his hands together anxiously.

"In that...dream or hallucination or whatever it was, you pushed me away because you thought I cheated and wound up going back to Emma. Brandon was by my side the whole time and tried to cheer me up. In that process we ended up together. What if the dream was trying to tell me something?" I ask, staring at my feet.

Chance raises an eyebrow and Brandon's mouth falls open in shock. "What would it be telling you?"

"That you and Emma were never meant to be apart. That I'm secretly in love with my best friend," I say just barely above a whisper.

Chance's jaw clenches. "What? Sky, do you really feel that way?"

I sigh and shrug. "I don't know Chance. I mean, what if this was the universe's way of telling me that I wasn't supposed to be with the guy I've had a distant crush on since In Real Life formed. That I'm supposed to be with the best friend I've spent nearly everyday with since we met."

Chance pulls his hand from my grasp and runs his fingers through his hair. "This is just the confusion talking. When you remember everything clearly, you'll realize how crazy this sounds."

I bite my lip and glance at Brandon. "B, be honest with me. When Jazmin said you've been spending too much time with me, how did you feel?"

Brandon swallows hard and looks at Chance. "Don't look at him, look at me."

"I felt confused at first. But then I started to realize that I've wanted to spend all this time with you, not because you're my best friend, but because I'm in love with you. I just couldn't admit it to myself," he says, locking eyes with me.