Casted Part 9

It's been about four months now since the break up with Chance. He still tries to call me or text me every now and then but I haven't answered once. I've tried forcing my feelings for him away but there are still days when they come back strong and I wallow in pain, locked in my hotel room, a complete mess. 

A few weeks ago, I got an invitation to this year's Met Gala. As a new actress, I have to make an appearance or it would send the wrong message. It's not that I don't want to go, I'm just not feeling up to having all the flashing cameras on me. The only reason I'm even going is because Tom (remember Spider-Man?) begged me to go with him since it's his first Gala as well. 

We are currently in my hotel room getting ready. The theme is princes and princesses this year so everything is supposed to be very elegant. Then again, when is it not? I am dressed in a royal blue ball gown with silver-sequenced heels. The top of the gown is tight and strapless with a small band of silver diamonds separating the top from the rest of the gown. Right at my hips, the gown poofs out and lays loosely around me. My necklace, earrings and bracelet are all silver and diamond encrusted. I put long extensions in my hair and curled it all before I pinned half of it up. The part that is pinned is twisted tightly around my head and then pinned into a bun. There are little silver-sequenced clips entwined in my bun as well to make it look more elegant. My eye shadow is a deep blue and silver smokey eye that really brings out the green and blue flecks in my eyes. My lips are a matte, deep pink color. I smooth out my dress and fix the little fly away hairs in the mirror. 

I feel someone watching me and glance over my shoulder to see Tom standing in the doorway of the bathroom. 

"I'm best friends with a real life princess," he grins cheekily and I giggle, turning around to face him. He walks over with his hands behind his back and I fix his tie, smoothing out his suit jacket. 

"I'm best friends with a real life prince," I say with a smile. He is wearing black dress pants that have a strip of white going down the sides with a royal blue button down tucked in. His suit coat is white and he has matching white shoes. His tie is a checkered black and white design to match as well. I look up at him and he smiles, kissing my forehead softly. 

"Seriously though. You look gorgeous," he whispers. I hug him tightly, biting my lip as I start to wonder if Chance was invited. I squeeze my eyes shut and swallow hard, clearing my head. 

"Mm. You look extremely handsome Tom. I suppose I can accompany you to the Gala since you clean up nice." He smiles more and slowly pulls away, taking my hand in his.

 "Shall we?" He asks and I nod as we walk out of my room and down to the waiting limo. The rest of our entourage is already in the car and they grin and nudge us playfully. 

"Look at you two! You could be real movie characters!" Anthony Mackey teases. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out. 

"Jealous?" I joke and he laughs. 

"Only a little. Maybe I wanted to be the hot princess tonight at Tom's side!" I laugh and shake my head and the rest of our friends laugh as well. 

When we pull up to the Met Gala entrance, the cameras all turn to us and flash brightly. We smile and pose for a few pictures before the cameras turn to the next person to arrive. My heart skips a beat and my stomach drops when Chance slides out of the next car. He looks around, catching my eyes for a moment, but I quickly look away, swallowing hard. I walk with Tom inside to where the rest of the group is waiting. 

"You okay? You look a little pale." He notices. I give him a small nod and smile, taking a deep breath. 

"Yeah I'm fine. Just got a bit dizzy for a moment. I think it's just all the flashing from the cameras," I brush off his worry. Inside however, I am a mess. My heart is racing and my stomach is in knots after seeing Chance again. We walk into the big ballroom and grab some champagne, sipping it slowly while we mingle with the other guests.