Ruin the Friendship (Chance Imagine)

*for Leanov03*

"Chance!" I tackle my best friend, nearly knocking him to the ground as I throw my arms around him.

He chuckles and stumbles back, catching himself as he hugs me back tightly. "Hey Cassie. I've missed you."

"I missed you too. Brooklyn and I had a great weekend, didn't we?" I pull away and scoop Brooklyn into my arms.

She giggles and nods, burying her face against my neck. "Yes! We painted our nails and we got some new clothes!"

Chance grins and hugs her and I tightly. "I love that you two are so close. My favorite girl and my best friend."

And there it was...best friend...

I give him a small, tight smile. "Well, she's my favorite girl too."

Chance smiles and rubs the back of his neck  then. "Can I...talk to you for a sec?"

I nod and bite the inside of my cheek, setting Brooklyn down. We both watch as she runs to the back of the house toward her room. I sit down on the couch with him then and look over at him.

"What's going on? Did something happen on the radio tour?" I ask worriedly, noticing how nervous he is.

"Sort of. It's nothing bad. I just, I'm sorta seeing someone," Chance replies.

Oh...

"Oh, uh, okay. Who?" I feel my heart sink as I look down at my hands. 

Chance hesitates, playing with his fingers. "Jordyn."

My eyes widen slightly and I slide off the couch, running my fingers through my hair. "Jordyn? As in my best friend Jordyn?"

Chance slowly nods and stands up, reaching for my arm but I shrug away from him. "Cass, don't do this."

"Don't do what? Don't be angry that you chose to date my best friend when you know exactly how I feel about you? When you know her track record with guys? Don't be mad that instead of finding someone who might actually treat you right or opening your eyes to see what's right in front of you, you chose her? I love Jordyn and all, but she will never be a good girlfriend, especially for someone who deserves the world." I snap, shaking my head.

"Cass, come on. That's not fair. I love you, you know that but I would never want to jeopardize our friendship by risking a relationship. You're my best friend and I don't want to ruin that. Besides, Jordyn has changed. She's come a long way since high school," Chance argues.

I laugh slightly and run my fingers through my hair, closing my eyes for a moment. "Fine, whatever. If you truly believe it then i cant stop you. Just don't come crying to me when she breaks your heart," I mutter in defeat. I slip my sandals on and grab my bag, slinging it over my shoulder.

"Cassie. You don't have to leave." Chance follows me towards the door but I shake my head and look at him.

"I have some errands to run before work. I need to go. I'll talk to you later," I reply, opening the door.

"Oh Cassie! I'm so glad I didn't miss you! How was Brooklyn?" Shawnee steps inside with bags of groceries under her arm.

"She was fine. Good to see Shawnee," I mumble, kissing her cheek before I brush past her and walk quickly to my car, forcing myself not to cry.

"What was that?" I hear Shawnee ask from behind me.

"I told her I'm seeing Jordyn," Chance responds with a small sigh.

Shawnee gasps. "Jordyn? I thought you and Cass had something special."

"I can't risk our friendship mom. I don't want to hurt her," Chance says. I toss my bag in the backseat and open the driver side door of my car.