What a Mess (Chapter 21)

Chance's POV:

"Cuz I miss the stupid things that we do..." As the boys and I practice for our performance tonight, my eyes stay on Sky. She's bouncing Carter on her hip as she paces back and forth. Noah starts crying then and she sighs, walking over to his seat that he's in.

"I got him, i got him." I set my microphone down and jump off the stage, quickly walking over. I lift Noah into my arms and bounce him a bit, kissing the top of his head.

Sky lets out a small sigh. "Sorry. I shouldn't have them here. You're supposed to be practicing with the boys."

"Don't worry about it Sky. We totally understand," Drew sits on the edge of the stage and gives her a reassuring smile.

She smiles weakly in return and looks at me with tired, wide eyes. "Why don't you go get some rest backstage? The boys and I can watch them for a bit Okay?" I offer quietly.

She takes her lip between her teeth. "Are you sure? You have a show tonight."

"Sky, believe me. We got this," I give her a small wink. She nods slightly and hands Carter carefully to Brady.

I watch her trudge backstage silently and smile to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sky's POV:

I collapse on the couch backstage and sigh in relief, closing my eyes. I'm exhausted. Raising two babies is a lot. Add that to recording and performing and I'm basically just a shell. I have no energy left right now.

"You okay?" I hear a soft, familiar voice and open my eyes, noticing Michael hovering by the fridge quietly.

I slowly sit-up and nod. "Yeah. I'm just tired. How have you been?" I ask carefully.

Michael shrugs. "A Mess. I miss going to you at the end of the day, or calling you at the end of the day just to hear your voice. I just couldn't stand the thought of you and Chance having another baby."

I bite my lip and nod slightly as he sits beside me. "I know. I'm sorry that this is so hard and so awkward. I wish it wasn't."

"It's not your fault Sky. If I'm being honest, you having another kid should not push me away from you. If anything it should make us closer," he replies.

I look over at him. "What are you saying?"

"If you'll let me, Id like another chance. I shouldn't have walked away. I'm here to support you," he responds softly.

My eyes widen slightly and I look down at my hands, resting my head against his shoulder. "Are you sure? I don't want you to think you have to date me because I'm struggling."

"I'm sure Sky." Michael states. I look at him for a moment and he leans down, kissing my nose softly.

"Just think about it okay?" He asks. I smile a bit and nod. He walks back out to the stage and I lay down, immediately crashing from exhaustion.

Another week has passed now and I haven't done anything about the Michael and Chance situations. I've been too focused on Noah and Carter to even think about it.

I lay Carter in his crib and cover him carefully before I grab the baby monitor and close the door, sighing in relief that I finally got them both to lay down.

"Okay, So I'm watching Noah and Carter tonight," Coleen says as I sit beside her on the couch.

"What? No, I'll be fine." I look at her, raising an eyebrow.