Tobias' P.O.V.

"Get away from her!" I yell and I see her.  She is covered in lashes from his belt.  My heart sinks to my stomach.  I should have protected her.  This is all my fault. "Why son,what's wrong?" He says in a calm voice.  I start to run towards him,but two people grab me and hold me back.  Christina hits one in the temple and I knock the other one out.  I pull out my gun and shoot the two cronies.  Christina sees me pointing my gun at Marcus.  I can't do it.  I can't kill him.  I don't want to be the one to do it.  Christina senses it and pulls her trigger.  The bullet hits him in the head.  I look back and smile at her.  I walk over to Tris.  Christina helps her put her clothes back on. Her entire body is covered.  Even her face.  I love her.  She screams in pain as we help put the clothes on.  I pick her up and blood quickly soaks my shirt.  We run down the stairs with her in my arms.  Christina leads us out the front door.  Tris clenches my shirt and all of the sudden let go.  She can't be gone.  She can't leave me.  No.  Not now.  We run to the hospital and I lay her on a gurney and she is wheeled into a room.  Christina runs out and come back ten minutes later with a new shirt for me.  "Thanks" i say and hold it.  I take off my shirt and quickly change.  We both sit down and it all hits me. Tears fall down my cheeks.  "He's your dad?" She asks softly and I nod.  "He did it to her because that's what he did to me.  But I got it better." I say and tears start to stream from my face like a waterfall.  She places her hand on my back.  "It's okay." She says calmly.  I can hear her crying.  "No it's not.  The love of my life just gotten beaton by my dad and might die." I say and squeeze my eyes shut.  A doctor comes out and I jump up immediatly.  "How is she?" I ask.  He has a grin look on his face.  "Her entire body is covered in welts and lashes.  She needs over 100 stitches and might not make it." He says and I crumple to the floor.  "Can we see her?" Christina asks.  "I'm sorry.  Not yet." She nods and kneels next to me. 
          I sit there crying until there is no more tears left.  Look what I've done.  I did this to her.  My eyes close and I fall asleep. I try to fight it,but can't.  My eyes close and all I can see is her laying there.  Him whipping her.  I can't wake up.  After all of this torture ends,I open my eyes and Christina is gone.  I look at the time.  I've been out for 5 hours.  I walk up to the receptionist.  "How is Tris Eaton?  Can I see her?" She looks at me with pity in her eyes. "She's in bad shape.  She got 356 stitches and is in the intensive Care unit.  I'm sorry.  You cant see her." She says and I nod in thanks.  I sit on the chair and stare at the wall.  Tears start to stream down my face.  She can't leave me.  I need her.  I hear footsteps and look up, hoping that it's a doctor.  Nope.  It's Caleb.  "How is she?" He asks me and I break down.  "She has lashes covering her entire body.  She got 356 stitches and is intensive care.  She passed out and still hasn't woken up." I say quickly and tears start to flow down his face.  "I'm sorry." I say quietly.  I don't think he even heard me.  "For what?" He asks.  "I didn't protect her." I say.  He puts a hand on my leg.  "You did your best.  Nobody could expect more." He says.  We cry for what feels like days.  Caleb's breathing steadies.  He is asleep.  I should get some rest,but I can't. 
            There is a list of things I should do but won't.  Sleep, eat, shower, change.  I can't.  I'm too worried.  It's getting really late and Caleb wakes up.  "You should get to work." I tell Caleb.  He nods and gets up.  I can tell that he doesn't want to leave.  He does anyway.  What have I done?
                     I did this to her.
What has she done to deserve this?
                            Nothing.