Tobias' P.O.V.

I can't believe Uriah said that. Tears fall down Tris' face as she runs out of the apartment. "What the hell man?" I ask him with sheer anger in my voice. "You know that she always blames herself." "I'm sorry,I didn't mean to." He says. He's not lying. "Well you said it." I say and slap him in the face. Not hard enough to leave a mark. Just as a warning. "This was supposed to be happy day for her." I say and storm out. I walk into the apartment and find that she's in the bedroom. I knock on the door and come in. She is buried in the bed with her face in the pillows. I put my on to her back. "It's not your fault. Uriah shouldn't have said that." I say and shake my head. "He did though. It's my fault he's dead. Just like Will." She says. I hate seeing her upset. It hurts me inside. "He won't say anything like that again." I reply. "What do you mean?" She asks me. "He got a good slap in the face." I say and smirk. She sits up and leans into my shoulder. "Today was supposed to be happy." She says through tears. "It is, Mrs.Eaton." she gets a small smile. She falls asleep in my arms and I lay her down in the bed. I try to sleep,but I can't. I keep thinking about what would have happened if I wasn't there.
I wake up about an hour later and someone is banging on the door. I get up to answer it. Its Caleb. Caleb is standing there with a bloody nose and a cut lip. "What did you do Caleb?" She asks with hesitation in her voice. "I got him back." He says with a stern face. "How?" She replies. "He shouldn't have done that and so I kinda beat him up. He is unconscious by the chasm." Caleb says and smiles. "No one hurts my sister." He says. I'm glad that he did that. Caleb and Tris hug and then she goes and gets the medical kit. We help stop his bleeding and she offers him the spare bedroom for the night and he accepts. Before I go to bed I toss him a shirt and sweatpants to sleep in. I crawl in the bed with Tris. My arms wrap around her like a big hug. Every time I close my eyes I see her dangling by the railing at the chasm. I see her falling. And I could do nothing. My eyes stay wide open as I hold her and listen to her steady breathing. I look at her face. When people sleep,they look much younger. I can practically remember what she looked like from my mother's funeral. She looks so beautiful. I get up for a minute and head to the guest bedroom. I wait outside the door for a minute. Should I do this? Yes, I should. I lightly tap the door and it opens. "Thank you." I say as he opens the door. "For what?" He asks. He doesn't look tired at all. "Beating up Peter. You would've done well in dauntless" I say and smile. "Thank you for making her feel loved and happy." He says. We both smile and shake hands. "Good night." I say and he waves. I go back to bed with Tris and stare at her until sleep pulls me in.
🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢
Sorry for the short chapters.