-lovely-

*******TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF CANCER**********

A/N: I don't have much experience with doctors and hospitals (thankfully) so some stuff information might be incorrect. Also, idk if just the mention of cancer might be triggering to some, so ill just add the warning just to be safe! 

And: This isn't gonna be extreme angst level two thousand and fifty-two, so you don't have to waste your time walking all the way over to the other room to grab those tissues.

-------

The scratching of pencils filled the waiting room. Zak and Darryl were sitting in some light grey waiting room seats coloring a coloring page together. Before coloring, they had added many more details to the drawing with a pen Zak had in his bag. 

One could notice that if you looked closer at the page you would notice that the sections Darryl colored in would often use bright crazy colors, while Zak mostly stuck to the colors black, grey, red, and brown. Perhaps they were using the colors that reminded them of each other?

"Dr. (Y/N) will see you now." 

Before Zak could blink his bffaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeae had already left the room, leaving him all alone with the coloring page, the pen, and the small package of brush markers he seemed to carry around everywhere. He couldn't help but feel anxious.

After all, Darryl could have cancer!

It was a horrifying prospect. Zak had lived with Darryl for two years now, and couldn't imagine life without the tall human. Almost everything they did nowadays, they did together. And they both wanted it to stay that way for as long as possible.

Zak couldn't have some stupid disease ruin that!

As the short boy finished the last touches on the little stuffed bear, he turned over the coloring page to the back side. There were a few small places where the marker had bled through, but not many.

In just a few minutes Zak had drawn a little drawing of Darryl surrounded by little hearts and holding a few heart-shaped balloons. 

"The hearts make this picture so cute," he thought to himself "but Darryl makes it even cuter..." For the past few months, he had practiced drawing his friend a lot. And because of how much time Zak stared at the older male anyway, he quickly mastered it. It wasn't even super realistic, but Zak was still proud of it!

It seemed Zak couldn't get his mind off of Darryl. Throughout the minutes the short boy waited, he either worried about Darryl or just thought about how amazing the older male was. Sometimes he'd even get lost in old memories and dreams, where they had fought the deadliest of foes within themselves.

Darryl was worth more than the most valuable piece of gold.

Darryl was worth more than any pastry you could ever dream of buying

Darryl was worth more than he himself could even imagine

And that's why he was so happy when Darryl walked back into the waiting room with a relieved smile on his face.

Darryl didn't have cancer and that was the most amazing news Zak had ever gotten.

---------

Author's Note

Heyyeyeyeyyeyeyyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey

I don't knowowowowowowowow what to putututututuututtut in this author's note, so imma just put a pig.

🐖

There ya go! And maybe a few more...

🐷🐖🐷

Byeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeeyeyeyeeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyeye

PS: I just realized I'm #14 in cringeworthy. omg