-canihideit?-

A/N: This is a sequel to -gottahideit-

----------

"Nice wig." I giggled as I met Darryl in real life for the very first time. I was standing on his doorstep with my backpack on one of my arms and I couldn't help but admire his looks. I had the hood on my hoodie up which helped a lot with hiding my hearing aids.

As Darryl helped me unpack my stuff I wasn't that worried about stuff giving me away since most of my hearing aid stuff and things like that were in my backpack. That was my first mistake.

As I opened up one of the boxes Darryl instantly spotted a wide, thin book. My Highschool yearbook. 

"What's that?" he asked, pointing to the book. I took it out of the box and looked at it closely, not yet fully realizing what it was. 

"I-I think my parents found this at a yard sale or something," I mumbled, picking up the book and looking at it closely. It was blue and it had a worm on the front of it.

"You wanna get some Mcdonalds?"

----------

While we were eating our food, I realized that I had forgotten to charge my hearing aids the day before. I normally had periods of the day where I didn't use my hearing aids, so I usually wouldn't charge them a whole lot unless it was one of those times. 

But today I was going a really long time using my hearing aids. And I never even checked to see how charged they were. When I made that realization I quickly excused myself and rushed to check.

10% remaining

I only have a few minutes left until I won't be able to hear a thing Darryl is saying. I walked back to the table and greeted him with a worried smile.

"Thanks for letting me move in," I told him "and getting me food." I picked up the last few fries in my bag and devoured them swiftly.

"It wasn't any trouble at all," he reassured me as I stared at his dazzling emerald eyes. 

"You-shebshaklab," I winced as my hearing aids ran out of charge just as Darryl began his sentence. I put my hand on his shoulder to stop him from talking.

"I couldn't hear you," I said apologetically "sorry." Then he said the same thing but a bit slower, and with a few extra words. "Sorry, I gotta go fix something." I quickly speed-walked out of the room before he could say anything else. I ripped open my backpack as soon as I got into my room and pulled out my charger.

-------------

Darryl's POV

------------

After Zak leaped out of the room, I knew something was wrong. He seemed so panicked for some reason! I was pretty worried but decided I should probably give him some time alone.

After a little while, I walked over to his room to see that he had fallen asleep. 

I turned off the bright lights and tucked him in, but before I could leave I could feel his hands latch onto me.

---------

Author's Note

It's like, four am here, so imma stop the chapter hereeeeeeeeeeee

Which thing do you think should happen when Zak wakes up:

A: Darryl tries to confess his love or something, and Zak doesn't hear it

or

B: Zak has a nightmare about Darryl not accepting him and then they have an adorable moment full of acceptance and waffles! (maybe)

Byeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeeyyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeeyeeyeyeyyeeyeyyyeyeyeyyeeyyeyeeyyeeyyeyeyeyyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyyeyeyeyyeeyyeyeyye

Tell me if you have any questions or concerns!

And PS: I know next to nothing about hearing aids and how they work, soooooo