CHAPTER 44: BLACK FEATHER DRAGON

SERENA MAIZONO

2 YEARS AGO

I’m quite worried. Not because we are surrounded by dragon knights from both Alterra and Elysia, not because the emperor of an enemy country is watching us from above, but because I can sense Senpai’s rage against those special persons watching us. There is tension all over the arena as if they are all readying themselves to leap towards us.

I gazed upon the audience. I looked at Z and her dragon knight Alphonse, and I also gazed upon the macho Nathaniel and his sassy dragon knight Danielle. They look like they are on extreme alert, and their focus is on the other side of the arena where the Elysian dragon knights are situated. I’m a little relieved that the Alterran dragon knights are not into us but to the enemy audiences. But it worries me that the tension never falls. I think one wrong move on either side will trigger another war between the rival countries.

Suddenly, Emperor Sirius Elkyria continued his huge proclamation.

“We have valuable guests from our neighbor ‘friendly’ country. Sir Xenon Wingate, Dragon Knight Second Class of Alterra, please show the Emperor of Elysia how powerful a dragon knight of Alterra is.”

Senpai’s eyes widened as he saw the Alterran Emperor’s smile on his face. Senpai muttered “I see what this is.” with a smirk on his face, and then genuflected. I followed my master and did the same gesture as a sign of respect.

“Yes, your highness,” Senpai said loudly. As he said those words, I can see a faint glow on Senpai’s emerald eyes.

The platform of the arena opened, revealing the second Pentagram Knight we’ll be challenging. An opponent dragon knight is a man in his early thirties, with long black wavy hair and a dirty mustache and untidy beard. He’s tall and white, about seven feet. There is a long tattered red cloak covering almost three-fourths of his body, and inside that cloak is his Pentagram Knight armor. There are also belts on this knight’s legs, restraining his saggy jeans.

Beside him is his dragonoid, who is a young twenty-year-old girl. She’s wearing a dirty gray hoodie with long sleeves, trying to hide the tattoos all over her body. She also has some abstract streaked tattoos on her right chin, and there are piercings on her nose and ears.

“My name is Sir Eroll Fizarro, and this is my dragonoid Morgian. I believe it is I who will be your second Pentagram Knight challenge.”

Senpai bowed briefly, and then he proceeded to attach the shield plate on his chest. It seems that he’s hastily wanting to fight this opponent dragon knight without properly introducing ourselves, and that is bothering me a lot. Senpai seems like he’s all out of mind.

When the Pentagram Knight noticed Senpai’s cold reply, he just smiled. It’s as if Sir Eroll Fizarro knows why my dragon knight is acting like that, and he completely understands him. So without further ado, he installed his own shield plate on his chest.

When both shield plates displayed the number 100%, the giant screen on the arena started the countdown. Twenty seconds went by so fast even though all we did was to stare at each other’s adversaries. Correction, Senpai is not focused on the fight. He just kept on staring at the Emperor of Elysia and his Empress with disdain.

“Let the battle begin!” The announcer shouted, commencing our second Pentagram Knight battle.

Senpai slammed his blaster shield on the ground, preventing any long-ranged attack from the enemy. But our enemy is not yet doing his move yet. “Serena, unleash my restraint!” Senpai shouted.