CHAPTER 81: BETRAYAL FOR THE PAST

LOTHAR PENDRAGON

7 MONTHS AGO

The air is getting cold in this enclosed dark room. Even though there’s no air conditioning, even though I’m sure it’s humid, I can’t help but feel the chills on my skin as I look at a grim sight once again.

At the center of this dark room is a small wooden square table. There are stools on each side, which is being occupied by our prisoners of war; Kevin Valesmith and his dragonoid Rius. They have their wrists cuffed at the edge of the wooden table, which guarantees them no escape.

It is still a puzzle for me that these two enemies survived this far after sustaining great damage from their fall from the cliff. Normally, they should have been dead, but since they survived, Emperor Eldritch changed his mind. There was a great idea on his mind, so he decided to heal up our prisoner’s wounds for the sole reason of interrogating them.

It’s a rare occurrence where the Emperor of Elysia himself is the one interrogating. Normally, I’ll be the one doing the dirty things, but now everything has changed. Emperor Eldritch now wants to have his hands on in these matters, and I’m just an observer or security for this interrogation. Beside me is the emperor's dragonoid Sakuradrop, the mind-controlled dragon knight Alphonse Faradeiss, and his dragonoid Z.

I looked at Alphonse and Z’s lifeless eyes. They show no emotion on whatever happens in front of them. They are in a constant state of daydreaming where they are no longer conscious, but they are still able to move as long as the user of the Psychic Amplifier tells them to do so. They can still eat, sleep, and fight, but only under Sakuradrop’s or his majesty’s orders.

My curiosity sparked on Z. I can’t believe that she is a dragon that is capable of powering up in a level above mine. She’s truly talented for a small squishy dragonoid, and she will be of great help in the incoming invasion against Alterra.

I looked closer at Z’s lifeless crimson eyes until I saw a familiar faint glow on her pupil. These sets of eyes, I’ve seen them before. There’s no way I could ever forget this light inside a mind-controlled dragonoid’s eyes.

“What, are you going to kill us?” The major general dragon knight with a black complexion smiled, provoking us with his words of bravery. “Just hurry up and be done with it, jackasses!”

“You’ll regret everything later if we get out of here!” The rockstar-hairstyled dragonoid also tried to make an empty threat.

“Major General Valesmith, do not worry. You will die sooner or later.” Emperor Eldritch said as he walked around the two prisoners with his hands on his back. “For now, I will need you to answer some questions.”

His majesty Eldritch put a rigged phone on top of the wooden table. There is a rectangular device attached to the phone that seemed to hack on its contents.

“This is your phone that is used for your operations, no?” Emperor Eldritch asked. “We have retrieved all its deleted messages and found out that you received a lot of messages from a texter named ‘S’. I would like to know who this S is.”

Kevin Valesmith looked around the darkroom, on its corners, and finally on the wooden table. He saw some kind of microphone attached at his side of the table, as well as Rius’ side. It might have been obvious, and he now knows that everything he says will be recorded.

“Why won’t you use your mind-controlling abilities to me, fucktard?” Kevin Valesmith smiled.

“I can, but it spoils the thrill of the interrogation.” Emperor Eldritch smiled. “I want you to confess everything to me on your own volition, to make it a lot more convincing to the people.”