CHAPTER 116: THE INTERROGATOR

XENON WINGATE

PRESENT DAY - INTERROGATION

“Xenon, my friend. What happens if you lost everything: your love, your friends, and your life just because of some superficial bastards that betrayed you? What do you feel? Wrath? What is left for you to believe in when you are betrayed by the people you trusted? When all that you are, all that you have done, has been buried beneath in hell just for the benefits of the corrupt men. This world no longer bears hope. This world should be destroyed… but before that, I will help you get your revenge. Cheng... Trystgade... Eldritch… Maizono... They must die.”

The words of Necross Messiah entered directly into my brain. That evil incarnate has been talking about my destiny ever since I was a child, whenever I dream of a pitch-black future. I’ve always forgotten it, but now I can clearly remember what must be done.

[Memory Flasher’s retrieval of lost memories is now at 100%. Nothing more can be revealed now.] A cybernetic voice echoed.

Everything is white. The memory-reading device beeped, and the hologram globe slowly stopped spinning. As the light that gives me flashbacks faded, all that’s left in this room is this poor lonely old me, sitting on this electric chair.

I can’t muster my strength. I feel numb on every part of my body. The Memory Flasher device depleted my magical energy and jammed through my synapses on my nerves. My lungs gasped for air, and my heartbeats are beating slowly as if it’s about to stop.

[It’s no use! We are out of time! The Psychic Amplifier is destined to activate tomorrow! We failed to see any lead about the world-ending device on his memories!] The interrogator cried.

I heard a faint set of voice in the microphone that seems to be talking with the interrogator. They seem to be arguing to each other even at the backstage. Since this room is silent enough and they are causing a ruckus on the other side, I heard them quarreling.

[He does know where it is! It is in his head somewhere! Remember, he is our only lead to that Psychic Amplifier! Eldritch is dead! He’s the only key for our survival!]

It seems that they really are panicking. The Psychic Amplifier that is destined to destroy the world… I couldn’t care less about it. I have made my revenge. Eldritch, Cheng, Trystgade. They are all dead. There is nothing left to live for. My life is only for the satisfaction of my revenge. If the fate of the world is to have mindless people on its surface, then so be it.

[This is not over yet! We still have aces on our sleeve. Bring Serena.] The interrogator said.

Suddenly, the hologram globe revealed a live video feed that gave chills on my spine. At the screen, is a beautiful girl with black hair and an adorable face. She is currently sitting on an electric chair, her eyes blindfolded, and her mouth gagged. Even though I couldn’t see her face clearly, I can recognize her. It’s Serena.

“Mmmmph! Mmmmph!” Serena cried.

“Serena!” I shouted out loud.

There are two people beside her, and their faces are covered with gas masks. They seem to be holding some remote control devices.

“You fuckers! Leave her out of this!” I cried out loud.

[This is no longer about you or Serena, Xenon Wingate. This is all about the world. The Psychic Amplifier is set to doom us all, and the life of the Dragon Queen is a small price to pay for salvation… Now tell me, where is the Psychic Amplifier!?]