CHAPTER 117: ESCAPE

CHAPTER 117: ESCAPE

XENON WINGATE

PRESENT DAY

“Serena? But you’re…”

I am sure that my eyes never lied to me. I just saw her in the video feed being fried in an electric chair. I saw her skin burn at the very sight of my eyes. How in the hell did she manage to escape, unscathed? Everything does not add up!

“That was a recording, Xen. We added some special effects so that it will make it more realistic. Being in showbiz for a really long time, I have learned a few tricks to create CGIs.” Serena smiled with tearful eyes. “Sorry if I tricked you again.”

“So you’re the one who has been interrogating me for the past hours…” I gasped for air.

“Yes.” Serena slowly nodded. “I’m sorry if I did this to you. We are really running out of time, so we had to do some drastic measures to bring you and your memories back. We are also scared that you really planned the activation of the Psychic Amplifier, so we took the interrogation processes ourselves.”

I bowed down and stayed silent. It might take a while before I could completely forgive Serena, but considering all my past deeds and actions, it would be a logical thing to do. I have lost myself two days ago to the influence of my wrath that I tried to kill her, even though I’m fully aware that Serena did not, in fact, betray me. It was careless of me to fall into Necross’ temptations.

On another note, she now knew about my plan about intentionally getting captured by the Elysian army five months ago. She already knew that I went to the prison island for the purpose of my revenge without telling her beforehand. She must be furious, but I can sense that she’s setting aside her emotions for now.

Serena started to unstrap me from the electric chair. “I know you, Xen. You’re not a traitor. You don’t have a selfish ambition of dominating the whole world. You’re not Eldritch.”

Suddenly, the door on this white room opened, revealing two of my friends in the Dragon Knight Academy. Alphonse and Danielle. Alphonse can be seen holding some kind of cord attached to his chains that are still mounted with electric energy. With my eyes, I followed the cord and saw that it's connected to my electric chair. It didn’t take long for me to realize that this fucking retard was the one in charge of electrocuting me the whole time.

“Alphonse, you fucker,” I muttered a laugh.

“Don’t worry, dipshit. My electrocution techniques did not damage your nerves or your pathetic dirty skin. It just sends a synapse to your brain to trick you that you’re in great pain, but in fact, you are not.”

“Looks like the recovery of Senor Xenon’s memories was a success,” Danielle said sassily.

“Yes, but we failed to get information about the Psychic Amplifier,” Alphonse answered. “That fucker is the only key to the location of this.”

“We’ll find another way to get information about the Psychic Amplifier. For now, we have to escape this place.” Danielle said. “The Alterran soldiers will come and seize this place any second.”

“Huh?” I gasped. “Why… Is Alterra the enemy now?”

“It’s not just Alterra, but the whole world.” Alphonse bluntly answered. “Everybody is throwing the blame on you ever since the Pentagram Knights recovered Cheng Du’s dossier. It says that you and Eldritch were the ones who originally planned to build a powerful mind-controlling device that could defeat the whole world. Like, come on!”