Realizations

A new side of Nari is seen by her boys

Nari sat happily in between San and Wooyoung, watching their seniors perform. BTS was her second favorite and for good reason; she always had a schoolgirl crush on Yoongi, but she knew it would never happen. She thoroughly enjoyed watching Jimin dance too; he moved so effortlessly around the stage and it never failed to mesmerize her. She lipped the words to the song to herself, eyes dancing around the stage with the eight members. Her favorite to watch was Seulki though, out of all of them.

She radiated confidence, dancing the difficult moves as if they were nothing and anyone with eyes wouldn't be able to keep them off her. She also loved her voice; she never really got much attention for her vocals, but Nari could hear how strong and powerful they were. She hit notes effortlessly, flawlessly, without hesitation and no matter how strong the dance, she never faltered, always hitting the notes perfectly.

San smiled silently next to her, glad she was enjoying it and having fun. "You're drooling," Wooyoung teased and Nari rolled her eyes, bumping him with her shoulder. "I hope I can get as good as her one day." San scoffed, leaning back in his chair. "You already are that good, Nar." Wooyoung hummed in agreement and Nari smiled widely. She was glad her boys thought so highly of her. San jumped as someone tapped him on the shoulder and Nari briefly looked over her shoulder to see Eunbi, smiling at him.

Nari rolled her neck, ignoring it. She was allowed to have male friends her boys could have female friends. However, Nari kept discreetly looking over at the interaction between the two, biting her tongue. Wooyoung glanced briefly, noticing how tense Nari had become and smirked to himself, focusing his attention back on the stage. Nari cringed as she heard a high pitched giggle and then heard San laugh. She turned around, pretending to be stretching her back, and glared at Eunbi's hand still placed on San's shoulder.

"That shirt looks great on you, by the way." She heard Eunbin say and her eyes snapped to San, seeing the tips of his ears turned a faint red. "T-thanks! I like your dress. Purple is my favorite color, you know." He winked and Nari clenched her fists together. She sat back in her chair, thinking about how if Eunbi's hand didn't stop touching him in the next five seconds she would happily rip out her hoop earrings. Her jaw was clenched and she fiddled with the hem of her top. "What's wrong with you?" Wooyoung asked and Nari shook her head. "Oh, you know, just trying to enjoy the show, but some people just can't seem to shut up." She made sure to say the last part loud enough for the two to hear her.

Eunbi apologized with an awkward smile, leaning back in her chair and San faced forward, rolling his eyes. "That was rude, Nar." He said and she scoffed, flipping her red hair over her shoulders. "So is flirting during your senior's performance." San sighed, reaching over and grabbing her hand and lacing their fingers together but Nari hastily tugged her hand away, folding them in her lap. San narrowed his eyes at her, but he felt his stomach drop a little. Why was she acting this way?

It was time for the fan award and all of ATEEZ jumped up happily as their name was called. Nari jumped on San's back, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his cheek, sending a subtle glare over her shoulder at Eunbi who was, unfortunately for her, not paying attention. They went up, Hongjoong giving the speech and then returned to their seats. She stiffened as Eunbi leaned forward, her mouth practically on San's ear. Nari felt her cheeks heat in anger and jealousy.

"Congrats! You guys deserved it. Fighting!" She said happily and San smiled brightly, eyes turning into crescents as he thanked her. Nari literally had to grip her seat to keep from jumping behind her and tackling the poor girl. "Mingi, switch seats with me. Your backs still hurting and I have a back to mine." Mingi smiled gratefully and the two switched seats. Jongho raised his eyebrows at her. "Why do you look so angry?" She didn't look at him, eyes trained on the two people at the other side of the row. "Nothing, Jong." She snapped and he sighed, following her line of sight.

"Why does she even keep talking to him? She's not even that pretty. A monkey could win a pageant over her." She muttered and Jongho practically choked on his water. "E-excuse me?!" Nari ignored him, still glaring at the two. "Noona, what's gotten into you, seriously?" Jongho hissed and she rolled her eyes. "I don't appreciate a goddamned gorilla talking to my. . .friend." She hesitated at the last word. Jongho's face turned into one of surprise and shock. "Y-you're jealous." He said and Nari snapped her eyes to him.

"No, I'm not. I just care about our image and that's bringing it down." Jongho's eyes were bulging out of their sockets. He's heard Nari tease people before, but her being deadly serious and throwing about insults about another idol was not something any of them had ever seen before. "Oh, for Christ's sake!" Nari exclaimed and Hongjoong, Jongho and Yeosang looked over to where she was glaring, seeing that now San had basically turned all the way around is chair and Eunbi was kneeling next to it, their faces close together.

It was normal; they were trying to hear each other over all the noise but Nari's eye's could basically be green with how she was feeling. She sighed in relief when it was time for everyone to go on stage for the end, marching right up to San and taking his hand, sending a glare to kill to Eunbi who averted her gaze to the floor. San squeezed her hand gently, walking with her on to stage and standing towards the back. Nari had moved forward to interact with fans more and when she turned around, she had to remind herself she was on stage, with cameras on her as she saw Eunbi giving San a hug that lingered a little to long for her liking.

Yunho stepped in her line of sight, grabbing her chin with his hand and making her look at him. "Fix your face, Nar. There's cameras. Deal with it later." Nar rolled her eyes but plastered the fakest smile she could on her face. They all slowly walked down, making their way backstage. She walked next to Seonghwa who had no idea what to do now that San, Wooyoung and Eunbi were all chatting happily a few feet behind them. "I really like your hair! It really helps to bring out all your features."

Nari stopped walking; she'd had enough. She turned around, marching right up to San and stepping in between him and Eunbi. "Nari, wha-" San didn't get to finish his sentence as Nari smashed her lips on his, standing on her tiptoes and wrapping her arms around his neck. San stood there, frozen for a few moments, eyes wide and trying to process what was going on. It was like a standstill; everyone was looking at them in complete and utter shock, not sure what to do. Nari pulled away, her face beet red.

San's face was beet red and he brought his fingertips to touch his lips. Hongjoong was practically blowing steam out of his ears and everyone else stood with their mouths wide open. Nari took a deep breath, marching forward with her head held high before she stopped, turning around and shooting Eunbi the deadliest glare she could. "Idol or not, I will not hesitate to claw your damn eyes out if you keep blatantly flirting with my boyfriend in front of me. Oh! And that dress makes your ass look big."

She heard gasps from everyone around her, but ignored them, turning and walking briskly away and to the waiting room. She closed the door, sinking down on the floor, her back against the door and groaned, placing her head in her hands. She sighed, mumbling to herself.

"Well, I guess being friends is gonna be a little complicated now."