Power Trip

Nari impresses the boys with her improved vocals

A/N: Requested from @milliehatake; I hope you like it!

Nari breathed a sigh of impatience. All the boys were running around, finishing up getting ready for their comeback stage. Nari was annoyed because she still couldn't. She was still in a cast; a bright purple one at that. She wasn't able to perform still but could sit on the stage now and sing or rap. This album she had wanted Mingi and Hongjoong to shine more so, she had taken Yeosang up on his offer of attending more vocal classes. Though he wasn't able to go to all of them with her, he went to the ones he could and was the only person who was excited for her to show the fans and the boys how much she's improved.

Nothing against Nari, but for the album they had figured their producers had just edited her voice to sound as good as it did on the CD. Yeosang finally collapsed next to her, laying his head on her shoulder and groaning. "I thought I could take a nap but your shoulder feels like a brick." Nari scoffed, rolling her eyes and shrugging her shoulders, knocking his head off. "You didn't even perform yet. You're so lazy." Yeosang snickered, standing up and smirking at her. "At least I have two functioning legs." He ran off as Nari tried to kick him with her good leg but groaned in frustration. "That kid is dead when I get this thing off," she muttered to herself, sulking.

Jongho came up, bending down in front of her with his back facing her. "Your chariot awaits, noona." She giggled, leaning forward on his back as he carried her to the stage, setting her down gently in the chair. Everyone was a little wary when Nari first said she wanted to leave the rapping to Hongjoong and Mingi, but Nari insisted. They loved her like a sister, but they weren't confident her vocals would remain stable. However, when the music started and Nari's intro came on, everyone (except Yeosang) had to hide their shock. She had improved so much in a short amount of time. It was like her rapping; effortless and perfect. Yeosang couldn't keep the smug smirk off his face; he knew the members main worry was Nari's vocals and the fact that in the first few seconds she was able to prove she can literally do anything.

When they all were back in their dressing room, Nari and Yeosang were sat next to each other. Each of them wearing an annoyingly large smile. Yunho was the first to compliment Nari. "Little dove! That was absolutely amazing! We don't even need Jongho anymore." He picked her up, gently twirling her around. "Jeong Yunho! Put her down before you break her even more." Hongjoong scolded as Yunho huffed but put her down anyways. Mingi came up, smiling brightly and squeezing on her other side, wrapping his arm around her and squealing excitedly. "Kim Nari! How did you do that in such little time!? It sounded just like the recording! It was so good!" Nari giggled, leaning into his side. "Thank you, oppa. I just practiced really hard."

"It paid off, Nar. You sounded great. I'm sorry we ever doubted you." Hongjoong said, placing a kiss on her cheek. Nari smiled brightly. "You all worked just as hard, too." San came and placed himself laying across Yeosang's lap with his head on Nari's lap. He smiled up at her, his eyes turning into crescents. "No one should have ever doubted my girl." He winked, causing Nari to blush and she ran her fingers through his sweaty hair. "Thank you, San-ie." Everyone washed up and patiently waited for the car to come and get them. Nari and Yeosang were peacefully sat on the couch, heads leaning on one another, both half asleep.

"You really did great, Nar. I'm super proud of you." He said quietly and Nari smiled, kissing his forehead. "Thank you, for everything. For taking me to the classes even if you couldn't stay." Yeosang smiled again but didn't open his tired eyes. "You would do the same for me." Nari hummed in agreement, happy her and Yeosang were able to talk for more than 2 minutes without arguing. "Noona!" Jongho whined, running up to her. She opened one eye, raising her eyebrow. "Wooyoung-hyung said you were taking my position soon." She sat up and saw Wooyoung trying to contain his laughter. "I'd never take your spot, baby," she cooed, narrowing her eyes at Wooyoung. "But once I can dance again, I'm sure I can take over Wooyoung's spot."

Wooyoung widened his eyes. "You're not actually serious?" Nari shrugged, a light smile playing on her lips. "You all saw how quickly I improved my vocals, why not my dancing?" Wooyoung scoffed, not able to tell if Nari was being serious or not. Nari chuckled, calling Wooyoung over. "Carry me to the car and for making Jong-ie upset, you're buying everyone dinner. And I think a shopping date is in our near future, ya know, for me doing so amazing today?" Wooyoung groaned but allowed her to climb on his back. "You're on absolute power trip. We compliment you a few times and you think you can just do anything."

She smirked, bringing her lips to his ear and speaking in a low voice. "I am the Queen."