Chapter 35: Memory

Liam

The morning Fall sunlight blazes into my bedroom window waking me. Bored with the daily early morning routine, it is done in haste. Today is the day of our family breakfast, which is an exciting time. To sit in the presence of family feels like a great privilege and it is also a tradition; one that has been passed down through generations and one that we chose to adopt during our separation from our family, otherwise known as Waldemar A. The tradition stated that we were required to have at least one family meal together weekly to keep family unity; somewhat breaking tradition we have two family meals; a It has brought us closer together and my palate could not be happier with all the delicacies It's encounter. Today is no different, I cannot wait for the delightful foods I will encounter.

Instead of being led by instinct toward Ever's guess room, I'm led by my sense of smell and hunger. I enter the Today it looks like Adrienne, Ava, Lennox, Tessa, Glacee, and Taylor are preparing breakfast. The moment I enter the kitchen I walk over to my beautiful princess and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"You didn't get enough last night."

"No, Taylor I didn't get any and good morning to you too," I say embracing Adrienne's waist from behind. She simply ignores me and continue her task.

"Oh yeah, good morning Liam."

Taylor looks at Adrienne while Adrienne beat eggs. They assigned Adrienne to something safe, wise choice.

"Why, didn't you give him any Ari? What's the heck wrong with you?"

"I spent the night with Ava and Lennox talking," Adrienne replies, shrugging her shoulders.

"Hey, have you guys seen Drew?"

"Liam, he's in the dining room with that Ever."

That Ever; that is harsh and this coming from one of the sweetest Plethorians I know.

"Thanks Lennox."

As I release Adrienne and turn to walk out of the oversized kitchen, Taylor stands in front of me, blocking my exit.

"She knows who she is, she's playing a game with us. You have to get rid of her."

"Taylor she doesn't remember who she is and It's not likely that they will send someone so innocent to spy for them."

"He's right," Glacee says.

"Okay, let's explore that. Suppose, oh I don't know; they are using her and she doesn't realize it or maybe just maybe she's faking her innocence!"

"Taylor, come on. Why would they do that after 10 years of peace?"

"Maybe is not them but Chevalier A," Taylor announces throwing her arms up in the air.

"She does have a point," Lennox says.

Someone so perfect and innocent can't possibly be a spy for our enemy. It would, however, be a perfect plan.

"Fine, I'll find out," I say stepping around Taylor.

Taylor grabs onto my arm, squeezing it tightly.

"You can't just ask her."

"Of course not. This will take time, but I expect all of you to be fair and give her the benefit of the doubt."

I look at all of them, each holding a different expression on their faces as they ponder over my words.

Before my departure, I blow Adrienne a kiss, one that could seduce the air by which it travels.

*****