Chapter 133: Chevalier's Continued

Liam

"Relax love, it's okay," I whisper as I rock her and slowly pace the floor with her wrapped in my arms as if she is a small child.

Ever wraps her arms around my neck and cries into my shirt while she shakes.

"Calm down, baby. I won't let her control you," I say.

"What do you want me to do?" Edison asks out of worry as he watches me pace.

"It's fine," I say.

I kiss her on the head and notice a quick flash of light within my peripheral vision.

"Queen Ever sleep."

Her body goes limp and her arms fall to her sides. I quickly turn around to see King Johan and Queen Lovely standing near Edison.

No surprise there.

"I was calming her down, I didn't need your help," I say to Johan with venom.

"Liam, you were doing a great job but this way is quicker. She will rest well, wake up in the morning, and will be ready to continue her tasks," Lovely says.

Whatever, the two of them are annoying on their own but together they are downright irritating.

"With all due respect, Queen Lovely, it's probably going to bother her tomorrow and as long as she is here. How can she deal with Jinx Spade trying to escape?" Edison asks.

I'm grateful he's here. He's being my voice, when I honestly want to strangle both them and Drew.

"We have a plan. Just go with the flow," Johan says.

We never should have agreed to this. We should have come up with some alternative way for her to earn their approval.

"Door alert by Princess Lydia."

Of course, she'll come here.

"Don't open it," I command Edison.

Lovely leaves his side and walks toward the door.

I'm suddenly relieved Johan put my baby asleep. She looks so peaceful in my arms. I just want to take her home with me and hold her all night.

I kiss her head and rub her hair as Princess Lydia, Adela, Drew, Chase, and to my surprise Phillip. I haven't seen him amongst the younger Chevaliers in quite some time and I'm actually surprised Lydia allowed him in their mansion, let alone this suite.

"You're not allowed to invite anyone here," Lydia says coldly as she gives Johan and Lovely an unapproving look.

"We didn't invite them, they appeared on their own," Edison says.

Lydia and Drew stare at Ever.

If we weren't outnumbered in this place I'd turn away from them and hide her away from their glares.

"We're here to check on her," Lydia says, "How is she?"

"She's resting. She'll be fine," Johan says.

"Let me rephrase, I brought our doctors here to check on her."

"She has assigned doctors. Princess Lydia, she is fine, "I say.

"Apparently she isn't," Drew says, "Why don't you put her down, its annoying watching you hold her!"

This freaking– now isn't the time for this.

As I step forward, Edison steps between us.

"Lennox is going to be upset with you if she has to get charges dropped against Ever again because you got into another brawl with someone with Ever in your arms," Edison whispers.