Chapter 75: Who Do You Love More?

Liam

Sooner than expected, I reach the Grand Mansion and land in front of the front gate. My flight time was shorter than usual by two minutes, but I have more pressing matters to deal with instead of flight time. 

Several droid 700's approach me as if I'm an intruder. Well-versed in the drill, I hold my hands up showing that I'm not a threat and mean no harm here. A droid, which I'm presuming is the lead droid, approaches me and scans my right hand as if this is the first time he has done it. He proceeds by quickly scanning my entire body.

Eventually, the mansion gates open before me and I step into the grand entryway. I remember running through this entryway as a child many times with my brothers while the elders yelled at us while Queen Lovely watched from the top of one of the grand staircases with looks of amusement on her face. In terms of redesign and decorations, a lot has changed but something about it still gives that old-world charm that pulls on my heartstrings.

Usually around this time in the evening, Lovely is usually in her room reading an old fashion book, writing, sketching, designing, or doing some other self-relaxing activity. When she is in her relaxed state, it is usually the best time to make a request or "get information" from her.

I stand at the door while it scans me and wait to be allowed in.

"Door open," Lovely says from inside of her suite in a sultry voice.

I step into her nicely designed and decorate front room and it is tidy as usual, with absolutely nothing out of place. Even the way she sits in her chair with the Waldemar men surrounding her is in the perfect place, though unusual for this time of day. They will have her tonight or she will have them. For the sake of my sanity, I'm glad group encounters were the first thing we banned when we put the new laws into place.

Evan kisses Lovely on her neck and Gavin sucks on her toes. They are admiring her and adoring her, she is their Queen and they appreciate her. It feels strange being here witnessing this as it is no longer my norm and a part of who I am.

"Sweet Liam, have you come to join us?" Lovely asks.

"Of course not," I answer to humor her, she undoubtedly knows that my purpose here is not to sleep with her.

"Please have a seat there in front of me and tell me why you are here?"

Instead of sitting in the chair directly across from her, I sit on the floor in front of said chair to show her that I understand my place and seriously need something from her.

"Lovely, please tell me why you turned in proof that I did not attempt to murder Jinx?" I ask.

"I did not. Jinx Spade believed that it was so. For her sake, I simply agreed with her."

Royalty is exempt from most laws but I wondered how she managed to turn in the recording without any charges being brought against us. I also feared the answer and did not want to ask.

"If you did not turn in the recording; how am I free?"

"It's time for your freedom."

"Why?"

"I deemed it necessary."

"As the prisoner, I think I have a right to know. Why didn't you let her continue with her lie?"

"Dearest Liam, it is enough that you are free. Your questions are futile."

"Futile as they may be I want answers."

"Sure, please join us," she softly says and holds out her hand.

"Fine," I say in irritation, "thank you for my freedom."