Chapter 69: Date Me

Adrienne

Upon entering the room I hear voices speaking in a hushed tone as if they are arguing, therefore I quickly enter the bedroom to find Jinx Spade standing alone in a thigh-length flares leather shirt and matching bra and apparently surprised by my entrance. I immediately look under the bed, search the closet, and check the restroom as Jinx watches me with a steady eye.

"What's wrong Ari," she asks.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Huh, no one. I'm just getting dressed."

"Good. We're going to Sojourn Prison so that you can have the charges dropped."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because he didn't hurt you."

"What if he did hurt me? It isn't fair for you to ask me to have the charges dropped."

"But he didn't."

"He did Ari."

Perhaps my theory is correct and in her confusion she falsely accused Liam.

"Okay, maybe you believe that. If I can show you proof that he didn't do it will you drop the charges?"

"No."

"Why?"

She doesn't respond causing me to grow angrier by the minute. Perhaps Liam is actually correct and she knows he didn't do it.

"Whatever, this end now. Stop accusing him of a crime he didn't commit."

"Fine, I will if you agree to go on a date with me."

"I'm not sleeping with you."

"I didn't ask you to sleep me with I only asked you to go on a date with me."

I cross my arms and stare at her, "what are you really after?" I ask while squinting my eyes.

"You, I want to be with you," she says sincerely.

"Why?"

"I'm in love with you."

How can she say that with so much conviction? So much certainty?

I know I care about her but this isn't love; it can't be. It's just lust, no other word describes it.

"Jinx, I care about you but I'm sorry I don't feel the same way and I don't want to lead you on."

"Then what is this connection between us?" she asks while approaching me, "I know you feel it too."

"I do and I won't deny it; it's lust."

"How can you say that?"

"Because it's the truth. I'm sorry but there can never be anything between us."

"Is it because of Ever?"

"Yes, I love her."

"But if I were to kill her, would you give me a chance."

I angrily step closer to her and squeeze her upper arms, "Why would you say something like that? Are you threatening her?"

"Yes, I am. She's inside me now and I have the power to end her life anytime I wish. No one can stop me. Except for you; by dating me."

She certainly can't mean that but it doesn't stop the instant fear that grips me and slowly seems to be smothering me. I must remain stoic. I can't let her see how fearful I am. What if she is telling me the truth?

"You asked for one date, that's different from dating," I struggle to say as I try to appear unbothered by her statement.

"I changed my mind, three dates."