Chapter 17: Accusations?

Adrienne

"Door alert by Dylan Waldemar."

Ugh, I just want to sleep more. I hope she opens the door soon. Grabbing a pillow, I hold it over my head.

"Good morning Adrienne."

Lovely lay with her chest against the bed and smiles at me as she stretches. Her hair hangs over her face.

"Natalie wake up. Dylan's at the door."

She reaches over me and touches Natalie's shoulder. Natalie sits up and they smile at each other with the same smile they gave each other yesterday afternoon.

"Door alert by Dylan Waldemar."

"Auggh, Lovely I hate that darn doorbell."

"Well, you will have to talk to the King about that. Hurry up and get the door."

Natalie grabs her robe and quickly walks into the sitting room.

What happened between them yesterday, still lingers in my mind.

"Are you okay Adrienne?"

I look at her to see her staring at me.

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. I just didn't know women could be together like that."

"Of course not."

She lays her head on her pillows, never taking her eyes off me.

"You touched her like you're in love with her, are you?"

"I love every member of my family."

"Will you touch me like that?"

"Yes, one day."

"You can now if you will like."

"Liam is destined to be the first one with you."

"Oh. Queen Lovely. I don't think I can be with him. He—"

Panicked shouting causes me to sit up and look toward the bedroom door. Lovely does the same. They rush into the room with a look of despair on their faces.

"They're dead. The Chevaliers tried to kidnap them and shot them when they saw us coming! Lovely their—"

Dylan fell to his knees in tears, he can no longer speak. Lovely jumps out of the bed and runs over to him, disregarding her nudity.

"What happened?"

"George Chevalier tried to kidnap Asia and Hope; but..., but he killed them before Michael, Liam, and I could get to him. I, I... killed George with mortal weapons. We still have his body." Dylan looks stressed.

It isn't possible. Tears fall from my eyes drenching my cheeks. I jump out the bed and run out of her suite and down the hall. Someone calls out my name, but I am too emotional to make out who it is. Standing at their door, I wait impatiently for the scanner and bang against it with my fist until Liam finally opens it. My arms wrap around his neck and he squeezes my waist, laying his head on my shoulder, I feel his tears drop down on my chest; it's true. Michael quietly lay on the bed crying. He needs to be comforted. We all need it. After our long embrace, my attention is focused on Michael. I walk toward his bed and sit on it. Liam follows my actions and sits on the opposite side of him.

"I'm so sorry Michael."

My mind drifts back to my sister and for a mere second wonder if they tried to baptize them into immorality before they died but I'm sure they thought of that unless they died right away. If only they have graduated.

"Michael I know it doesn't help but at least they had justice. Dylan killed that freaking Chevalier George."

Michael sat up and looked at me as did Liam.

"He loved her; he didn't deserve to die."

"Michael, what are you talking about?"

"They killed them."

"Who? Dylan said he tried to kidnap Asia and Hope and you guys killed him."

Michael stands up and punches a huge hole into the wall. He turns and looks at Liam and I before turning his attention back to the wall punching it repeatedly; mumbling to himself.

"That freaking witch. Lovely, she killed them last night!"

"Please, shut up Michael, you have to stop saying that" Liam quietly says.

Liam looks straight ahead, and tears roll down his eyes. He does not defend Michael's accusations against Queen Lovely. She would not do anything so horrible. That does not make sense.

"Michael, she didn't; she was in her room all night with Natalie and me. She never left; I promise."

"What about when you were sleeping?"

"We were up practically up all night. We didn't go to sleep until three this morning. Please I know you want someone to blame but please do not blame her right now. You need her."

He punches the wall harder.

"Door alert by Edison Waldemar."

Liam gets off the bed, walking past Michael; clearly ignoring him demolishing the wall, to answer the door. He returns and curls up into a fetal position and cries like a baby. I sit near him and rub my fingers in his soft hair.

"I know you're in pain, but you guys tried to save them. You are heroes. We will get revenge on them when they're unexpecting it."

They're unresponsive.

"Ari, if you don't mind, will you please leave us alone? I'll talk to them," Edison says.

"Um sure, I guess."