Chapter 13: King's Advice

Liam

Last night was great, sleeping in Lovely's bed between her and Natalie. It's very peaceful, simply sleeping with no touching even though I wanted to, but they denied my advances. I unplanning spent most of this morning with them not doing anything. We had breakfast together and they talked; girl talk maybe. Their conversation was not important enough for me to eavesdrop; I only wanted to be in her presence and stayed with them until Lovely dismissed me.

On my way back to my room I think of various ways to get Adrienne to change her mind and consider being my second wife filled my head. My Adrienne is one of the most gorgeous Plethorians on this planet and yet she still doesn't realize she holds captive a special place in my heart, a place that not even Lovely can touch. Lovely just holds a different place in my heart; it will be easier to have a relationship with Lovely involved. Many appeals to Lovely's sensitive side did not spare me from the constant letdown of getting Lovely to join us in our relationship.

I reached my cousin Drew, Michael, and my door and opened it and found Michael sitting on the bed with his eyes downcast. I kicked my shoes off and walked toward my bed.

"Hey, what's wrong man?"

"They didn't make it; Asia and Hope didn't graduate."

What?

"Why? It's okay, Lovely will let them take makeup courses and more training, don't be too worried about it."

"I know I just wanted to do this together with them. I promised my parents that I would take care of them."

"Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Like I said, trust King Zais and Queen Lovely. I am sure it's for a purpose. Soon enough they will join us."

"Unless do you think they know about...you know?"

"No, if they knew they wouldn't have let us graduate either."

"Yeah, you're probably right."

Michael and I hung out and talked for a while until a call came in from King Zais requesting my attendance in his suite.

*****

King Zais is a man of honor and nobility is his strength. All the Waldemar men strived to be like him. He never raised his voice at anyone and treated everyone with respect including our enemy. I feel anxious as I stand in front of his elaborately decorated door as it scans me. This is my first time being invited into his suite. Hum, what could I have possibly done? Anything? Nope, I'm in the clear. What was his purpose for inviting me here?

"Door alert by Liam Waldemar."

It should open in five, four, three, two, one...and like clockwork, he is standing in front of the door with a solemn look on his face; but he quickly recovers and smiles at me. Good this must be a good meeting. He gestures for me to follow him into his suite. Following behind him, I notice how relaxed he looks, simply dressed in a white tee shirt and navy-blue sweatpants contrasting with his usual kingly attire.

"Liam, please take a seat."

He gestures for me to sit on the soft silver-gray couch that sits directly across from its matching chair, where he manages to position himself. During so, I notice just how elaborate his open concept suite is. It perfectly matches his personality from the ceiling down to his choice of flooring. It's decorated with such integrity. It's calm, peaceful. Almost like it was decorated by a woman who knows him intimately.

"Liam."

I wonder what his rooms look like past the front room and kitchen.

"Liam."