Prologue

She is simply ravishing, laying here sleeping with her long deep red curls resting on her soft rosy cheeks. Her youthful appearance is enhanced by the smooth skin that adorns her body. Though her long thick eyelashes currently cover her most prominent feature; her big, captivating eyes; I can imagine all the beauty and warmth I feel from them as they pierce the innermost parts of my soul. Her delicate dainty features against mine made me feel powerful; through her touch, I felt her love.

Sitting here and gazing at the beauty that was my wife, the realization that she may never be the same, because of my impulsive actions, is daunting and unbearable to watch. Erasing her memory is the best solution available and I'll give anything to offer her that gift.

This may be another bad decision but the lock of hair that has fallen into her face covering her nose must be pulled back. I'll slowly remove it, careful not to wake her. Softer than my memory recalls her hair feels perfect against my finger. Placing it behind her ears my finger grazes her earlobe and rubs her warm cheeks as my nostril fills with her floral scent.

Yes, she is perfect; despite my flaws and despite her troubles we had a magnificent union. One we shall have again. As soon as I figure out a way to cohere a reunion between us.

"Liam."

Ava standing in the doorway with all of her beauty, comforting voice, and hand on her hip is so nostalgic- when I was locked away I would have given anything to have her scold me.

Placing my index finger over my mouth to silence her call, my eyes return to the place they never wanted to leave. The sweet-smelling scent of her skin makes its way into my nostrils as my trembling lips kiss her cheek. Standing to my feet and walking toward the door a steady exhale escapes my lungs. Unable to control it— I glance back at her and a sense of peace rushes through me. Ava backs out of the doorway to let me pass with a concerned look on her face.

"Come with me into the kitchen," I whisper.

We enter the beautiful kitchen; it's upgraded appliances and oversized TV nook with an outside wall made entirely up of windows stand strong with the breathtaking view of Plethora's beautiful waterfall.

"Ava please do not speak around her; I do not want her to hear your voice. I do not want her to seek revenge on you. Why are you here?"

"I came to check up on you and on her. Are you getting through to her? Is she speaking at all?"

"No, she hasn't spoken to me yet, but I will not give up. This is my fault."

"Look at me, take your hands off your face, and stop leaning on the refrigerator, listen to me. This is not your fault she held on so long, she was doing well but with all that was going on; she just didn't have the strength anymore. Deep down inside she loves you. Come here and hug me."

"Thank you."

Wow, releasing her from our hug is difficult because it's been a while since my body has had the pleasure of feeling such a tender embrace, since Lennox. I'll let go of her and collect items from the refrigerator and pantry for my meal. Ava intensively watches me; though her stare isn't concerning I wonder about the meaning behind it.

"What are you doing?" she asks.

Awl, simple curiosity.

"What does it look like; I'm going to make her favorite meal."

"Oh, look at the view of the waterfall out the window, it's beautiful," she says and pauses for a moment to enjoy the view, "Hey Liam, I think she can cook better than you this time."

So I've heard; it seems everything about her is completely different, "ha, I heard. You may be right."

"Have you talked to Adrienne?"