Chapter 43: Let Me Love You

Liam

Individual glass cells line both sides of this well-lit holding room. Each small cell is identical in every way; with single twin-sized beds, white linen sheets, gray fleece blankets, an oversized pillow, and a hook to hold clothing items; very inferior to the accommodations found within the prison. Although small by suite standards it is oddly peaceful.

One benefit the jail holding room has over the attached prison is the ability of inhabitants to keep their technology.

Time here would somewhat be blissful with my mind filled with thoughts of Adrienne and Ever but I'm plagued with the traitor who sits opposite of me in his jail cell.

He looks peaceful, too peaceful for someone who has just gotten into a brawl and whose face showcases a forming black eye, bruised lip, and a burn mark across his cheek.

The only non-annoying thing about him is futile attempts to hold his out-of-socket arm into place.

"You shouldn't stare," Drew says angrily.

"Shut-up," I respond.

"Why? I am at liberty to speak. Do you feel guilty for attacking me?"

"Heck no. You deserved it and more traitor; because of you we had to spend millions revamping our systems and privacy."

"I know, so unfortunate for me and my actual family. Just think, I have wasted years giving them information, only for you to change it. What a waste. I suppose getting to know my enemies was worth my time."

"Bummp," as my fist crashes into the wall I barely feel anything.

"Temper, your temper Liam. It will get you into trouble."

"Shut the H-E-C-K Up! Right now."

"Oh, and the girl, I'll be taking her home with me soon."

My fists ball up tightly into themselves as I move closer to the cell wall; my heart rapidly beats faster with each passing second. He is going to die by my hands.

"Say that again."

"The girl, I'm going to—"

"Shut up Drew."

Great she is here in her professional attorney outfit which includes her signature on the job pinned up hair. One of only two Waldemar attorneys, she is usually busy, I have only been here thirty minutes, she's quick.

"Awl look, little Liam called his big bad attorney to come to rescue him," Drew mocks.

"And unlike your attorney, I'm actually good at what I do," Lennox fires back.

"You are, but I'm not referring to your job."

He slowly backs away from the cell wall looking at her lustfully, seductively licking his lips.

"Prick!"

Lennox turns her focus on me.

"Ignore him, he's trying to upset you. Just tell me what happened," Lennox says.

"Nothing much. I was in the city going to grab a bite to eat and he showed up," I reply.

Lennox glances at Drew, who roams his eyes up and down her body as he sits on the bed.

"Okay, what happened next."

"We got into a fight."

"Clearly. I mean what did he do to provoke you."

"His presence provoked me."

"Liam, you can't just go around fighting plethorians without cause."

"Yeah, Liamy," Drew says.