Chapter 46: She's Their Princess

Liam

Plethora Summer 2047

On this calm night of Summer 57, 2047, Adrienne and I decided that it's safe to let Ever adventure out beyond the constraints of our land. Being it's a weekend night, everyone decided to join us making this a family trip into the city.

The Food Atrium, a mall of abundant eateries; most of them being seafood of course, because it is conveniently located near the ocean waters, is our first stop. It is especially beautiful at night, with colorful neon lights and decorations, even against the city lights.

We fly into the city, with Ever safely tucked in my arms. Upon arrival, walk to the Food Atrium. Ever gently holds onto my hand and Adrienne walks behind but between us.

Before seeing them, some of us heard them walking toward us conceivably unaware of our presence as they turn a corner. Seconds later they were directly in front of us, the Chevalier family.

"Ever—"

A stunned Princes Lydia places her hands over her mouth.

Adrienne quickly grabs Ever and moves her behind me. Adrienne stands by my side ready for battle. Ever stands behind us looking at the strange group of plethorians in front of us. Everyone quickly gathers near us ready to fight.

"Ever, It's me Nicholas. I know you don't know me but I'm your cousin. Wow, he told me you were beautiful but you're even more beautiful than Aunt Gilana, if that were possible. Well, apparently it is."

"No need to be frighten," Nicholas says stepping forward holding out his hand toward Ever, "Come with me. I can explain things Princess."

I quickly turn toward Ever and notice her looking at them with confusion in her eyes. I hear low gasps from my family as I turn back around.

Lydia also steps forward with an unreadable look etched on her face. Regardless of her facial expression she seems conflicted.

Adrienne stands closer to me, so close that I can feel her body tighten. My hand touches her arm to quickly, hopefully bringing her comfort because my eyes cannot move anymore, my stare must remain on my enemy. Hopefully, Adrienne is now blocking their view of Ever.

"We thought you were dead."

Lies.

Lydia takes a step toward her as if we are not here.

As with any battle my senses become more alert, and my ears pick up on every sound around me. I hear, Ever shaking her head no and hear a single tear escape from her eye roll down her cheek.

The Chevalier family stand before us looking both shocked and unprepared. Confirming that Drew did not reveal to them that she is alive. Some of them cry and others appear to be in shock. Lydia takes another step toward her and Drew tries to grab her arm, but she steps out of his reach.

Behind me Ever let out a quint "No, please."

The beat of Ever's heart slows down seconds before it starts to race fast. The presence of her body quickly drifts away from us.

"Adrienne grab her!"

She is extremely fast as she runs out the city toward Adar Forest. Adrienne runs after Ever as the Chevalier family charge at us. It was a mistake to send Adrienne after Ever. A poor decision made quickly without much thought as she is needed here. Lydia is my target; they will back off with their princess captured. I run toward her swinging my lighting in a lasso just missing her because she jumps over me. She turns around and shoots missiles out the palms of her hands at me, but they are blocked by Tessa. Lydia quickly heads in the same direction as Ever and Adrienne. Darn it.