Chapter 106: Evil To Her Good

Liam

The dining room has more of an open feel than the dining room at Daylana, our grand mansion. I like the idea of smaller tables and booths, which give it more of a restaurant intimate and very pleasant compared to the long formal dining tables we have.

Lovely sits at a table waiting for me with Ethan and Evan nearby who look more like identical twins than fraternal twins. As I approach her she holds out her hand and taking it into mine l kiss her. I sit down and motion for Michael, Edison, and Taylor to do the same at a nearby table.

"The dining room beautiful, is it not?" Lovely says.

"Yes, it is Lovely."

"It would be nice if we could all dine together as one Waldemar family instead of having meals on different schedules."

"May I talk to you in private?"

"Of course," she says and nods her head, indicating that I can freely think my mind.

"Ever and Chloe, what's going on?" I think.

"Nothing of your concern dear, they are fine. Just immature jealousy, it has been handled."

"Just immature jealousy? If Chloe touches her –"

"She will not touch her."

"What is Chloe's power, Lovely? I know she's stronger than what we think based on how guarded you keep her."

"Surely you did not summon me here to discuss the interworking of Chloe, what is it that you want?"

"You were checking on Ever, weren't you? Why else would you give her the gift early."

"Yes."

"Why? Do you think that I am a danger to her?"

"Yes, you are a danger to her."

I want to deny it but unfortunately, I find fault with myself and I'm sure she is fully aware of it.

"Why am I a danger to her? I want to know what's wrong with me," I think.

"Nothing you are beautiful."

"Please stop that. Lately, I have been— I want to overpower her. How do I stop it?"

"Why will you want to stop a gift?"

"It's not a gift. When I'm near her I want to suck the life out of her. I can't explain it but I have dreams about it. Please do not play word games with me please help me," I think out of desperation.

"You are drawn to her. You want to steal her soul from her and pull it into your soul as your own. You always wanted it, this is nothing new. Only you are now aware of it."

"What do you mean? I never wanted to take her soul. I only loved her."

"Of course you love her but you have been pulling from her being. Think about it. After you guys are intimate or near each other for long periods she becomes weaker and her strength is renewed after periods of rest. It has been there all along only so subtle you did not notice. The more powerful you become the more you will pull from her without any effort."

"I will suck the life out of her?"

"Yes; you and Adrienne," she thinks and places her hand over mine, "Relax there's no need to become tense."

"If I suck the life out of her by mistake she will still have the three-day window correct?"

"Yes, but the healers cannot breathe life back into someone. Where does the path of destiny end?"