Chapter 73: Avoidance

Adrienne

This is absolutely the best-tasting strawberry tart my mouth has ever encountered. The lingering sweet-sour combo taste is simply amazing. Of the four flavors; strawberry, lemon, blueberry, and raspberry; strawberry far outweighs the others in taste. Who would have thought Cradle Dee's would have something so delicious on their menu? I should have tried these tarts years ago. Maybe I should take some home with me.

"Ari, are you okay?" Taylor asks as she takes a bite of her chocolate truffle pie.

"No, she isn't," Ava quickly responds for me.

I should also order dinner for tomorrow evening. As I pull up the dinner menu on my armstation I feel a pair of eyes that don't belong to my two dinner companions on me. Searching around my area my eyes quickly fall on Jinx Spade as she sits alone in a deep purple tight leather pantsuit in a restaurant adjacent to us. Noticing her doesn't stop her from staring at me.

Back to dinner, let's see I'll choose the Pouncer Wellington with mashed potatoes.

"That is avoidance," Ava says, "you'll want to work on that before Liam is released, he'll notice," she says as she leans in toward me from across the table.

"He doesn't need to notice, he knows," I reply as I decide on a salad to pair with my meal.

"What does he know?" Taylor asks as she leans forward, places her elbows on the table, and rests her chin in her hands.

"Read the atmosphere," Ava says as she bites into a fry and briefly looks at Taylor.

Taylor looks past Ava in Jinx's direction, "wait did something happen on your date?" she asks as she quickly turns her attention back to me.

"No, it was just a date. Do me a favor, look at the menu, and tell me which salad would go best with Wellington."

"Any of them, who cares? How long have you had feelings for Jinx?" Taylor asks.

Turning toward Jinx I notice her slowly sipping on a glass of ice cold water. Her lips perfectly create a perfect seal around the glass rim reminding me of the seals she created on my skin and those I gave her. She places her glass down and looks my way. Ugh, darn it.

Let me go ahead and order, I'll just pick any salad to go with my meal and have the dressing on the side.

"Ari, answer my question," Taylor says.

"Have you ever been around someone who looks like and often pretends to act like someone you love?"

She shakes her head no.

"It's agony," I say harshly while finalizing my order, "I love my wife."

"See, denial," Ava says as she and Taylor give each other a knowing gaze.

They both look to our right and as I follow their gaze I notice Jinx Spade swaying toward us in her seductive particular way. As she gets closer I quickly turn away but don't miss the sweet scent of her fragrance.

Suddenly Cradles Dee's menu has become very interesting, I never paid much attention to the choices of appetizers available. I'll order a few, if I can't finish them all I'm sure Harrison and Taylor are more than willing to.

"Hey Jinx," Taylor says with joy in her tone.

"Hey Tay," she says as she reaches past Ava to touch Taylor on the shoulder, "Looks like you guys are finishing up. Why didn't you invite me?"

"You know you are welcome anywhere I go. This was an impromptu lunch,"

"I see," Jinx replies and I feel her eyes on me as I stare at the menu deciding what to add to my order.