Chapter 63: Sweetheart Stop Struggling

Liam

My relaxing shower in my skydrift restroom cabin was well worth it. I'm able to comfortably sit and relax as I'm flown to Vacation Isle.

Glancing at the menu the droid left on the table I decide to order something. Let's see what's available today. I think I'll have the Island Grazer meal with mashed potatoes, mixed vegetables, and a roll. I'll have water and cobbler with it. This nice new feature makes ordering a breeze- scan the electronic menu with your armstation on the meal of choice and it is prepared.

I should arrive soon. I'll just rest my head on the headrest and rest my eyes until my food arrives.

*****

What is that? A bit startled, I open my eyes and take a look around me as the sound of my skydrift tires hitting the landing strip.

Sleep must have gotten the best of me. Judging by the cold appearance of my food on the tray, it's been at least an hour. With little time left, I force it down. Gross, cold food is terrible but this cobbler has managed to keep its delicious flavor.

The message light on my armstation catches my attention.

"Open message," I command.

"All safe, job done," the simple message from Ava reads.

Good job Ava; she surely put Jinx Spade to sleep prior to moving her, wise girl.

*****

After my flight and catching a cab, I'm finally here at Luxury Hotel standing in front of her

door with my tote bag in my hand.

"Adrienne they lied. Nicholas did not die when I attacked him. He is still alive; they killed him and framed me. Lovely knew it and has proof of it; only she won't give it to me."

"You know what to do about that," Michael says reminding me of our infrequent random late-night conversations about ending Lovely's life, "Sorry guys, I will not stand here and listen to any conversation about Lovely. I'm going to my room, message me if you need me."

Adrienne wraps her arms around me and her body stiffens against mine.

"Of course, she would keep that from you. What does she want from you?"

"She didn't ask for anything. She just refuses to give it to me."

"She wants something from you," Adrienne says with anger laced in her voice.

"Ari, I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"But they framed you and Lovely knew about it that—" Michael opens the door for me.

"Hey, Michael. Thank you for meeting her here," I say, grateful they were able to make last-minute changes to their vacation.

"No problem. We were at Hotel Waterland just down the road so it isn't a big deal to change hotels. We'll do anything for you."

Stepping past him I see my beautiful Adrienne sitting on the couch. As I smile at her she notices me and quickly runs into my arms. Her soft lips caress my forehead as her small thick frame wraps around me. Her embrace is filled with warmth and love- I yield to it; momentarily lifting the heavy weight of what Lovely revealed to me.

Unfortunately, the moment quickly dissipates, and the heavyweight returns with a burden I'm unable to carry. Powerless to stop myself, my body gives way and I find myself falling to the floor.

"Liam, Liam, what's wrong?" Adrienne asks in a panic as she helps guide my body to the floor, "you're okay, look at me," she says holding my face in her hands.