Chapter 6: Not Again

Adrienne

The Spring Celebration went on for hours with various performances, singing, dancing, overindulgence in various foods, and the lighting of the Summer Orchid. Our performance was wonderful; we did not miss a beat. Even King Zais said so. The only thorn in my side was watching Liam swoon over Lovely the entire time. He did not notice me once on stage.

*****

Unluckily, this day will not end well. We were escorted to Lovely's Peace room for some punishment.

The room is well-lit. Oh no, Brady is tied to a chair. His face looks like it's been hit with a heavy object. Lovely and her bodyguards, Ethan and Gavin are quiet; everything is quiet except for Brady's heavy breathing. Footsteps break this terrible silence. Drew, Michael, and Liam, what are they doing here? Fearless they stand against the wall.

"Brady, it has come to my attention that you have been supplying Jessica with Additive Purple Powder, is this true?"

"You watch us all surely you know the answer to your question Lovely."

If she knew the truth, why would she try to get it out of Jessica? Maybe, she was testing her. If Jessica would have fibbed, she'll probably be tied up to a chair next to Brady.

"I watch no one. Why would you supply bright young vibrant beings with a substance that is not meant for their growing bodies?"

"Fine if we must play this game, it's because I needed favors and she was so easy to convenience." Brady takes deep breaths in and out and looks directly at Jessica, "I'm sorry. Jessica, I apologize to you."

Jessica nods and holds her head down after quickly glancing at Michael. She looks both nervous and scared.

"I believe in your apology and know that you will never do it again but there is a greater issue at hand. How did she pay for her supply?"

"I just gave them to her."

"That was your one and only chance to answer the question correctly and you choose to lie. Gavin."

"No, no I'm sorry. I'll tell the truth!"

Gavin approaches Brady and walks past him. Brady's sigh of relief matches my own. Gavin walks over to Michael. What is he whispering in his ear? He pulls a gun from his back pocket and hands it to Michael. I'm sure Jessica and my panic face alert Brady because he looks at us with a look of questionable fright. Michael walks up to Brady and placed the rod of steel on the side of Brady's head. Brady quickly turns to glance at Michael and returns his focus to Lovely.

"Queen Lovely, I'm sorry I won't do it again. There is no need to have this child do this to me because when I awake, I will seek revenge."

"You are right. You will not do it again and you will not come back for revenge because Princess Jessica's disrespect shall not go unnoticed. We will not heal you. Michael, please show him what we think of Plethorians who commit despicable acts against the young."

"No!"

His cry fades in the air as Michael empties the gun into his head. Michael shows complete bravery as he does not blink or show any sign of remorse. Queen Lovely is full of power, yet she chooses to use primitive weapons to kill and torture, possibly for a dramatic effect for us mortals or her entertainment.

"Children of Waldemar this is truly a sad day. We are now down to sixty-five family members."