Chapter 118: Moment You Tasted

Adrienne

Staring at the big mass of clear open skies, makes me realize how small and insufficient I am compared to this thing we call nature. It's so calming and peaceful, if I had the luxury of following my heart right now I'd be floating among the giant balls of hot gas while looking down on Plethora at the brightest star among them all, Ever.

It's been said that when you put your mind on someone you can win them over but I'm having the toughest time figuring out why I haven't won her over yet my mind is always on her. It's tough, regardless of knowing she is willing. I just have to figure out a way to not mess this up and be perfect for her.

Slight movement.

She's moved three times in the last fifteen minutes. I don't think that's an indication she'll wake up soon but it could be a bad dream. I float from my place on top of her roof and walk through the balcony doors to find her comfortably sleeping under her white quilt. The quilt covers most of her body but her eyes escape its swaddle. She looks as comfortable as she does most nights when I come to see her. When I open her balcony doors, she seems to be more at peace as if she knows I've arrived and am watching her. When I don't watch her my days seem to be thrown off so here I am again, hoping she'll catch me watching so that I can make her mine.

Looking at her makes me feel hungry; hungry beyond any food, hungry beyond measure.

Purple rays shoot toward me in my inner vision and I sense him flying toward her room. Finally.

He flies through the door and stands next to me.

Hey, I thought you were getting out this morning. What took you so long?" ask.

"Lennox had a tough time getting me out. The Chevaliers tried to have me held longer; but since he is still breathing they don't have a case."

He looks unbothered by the entire situation as he stares at her. I return my glance at him.

"Liam, I hunger for her," I say and feel his arm across my chest.

"I feel the same way, we shouldn't get too close to her," he calmly says.

I wrap my arms around his arm.

"I don't understand why I feel like this. I to watch her but now all I want is her and not in a sexual way."

"I understand. Maybe we should lock up and leave," Liam says.

"That is not a bad idea."

We both quickly turn to spot Queen Lovely standing behind us in a light blue ankle-length nightgown. I immediately step forward and Liam pulls my back against him.

"It is quite alright Liam, she is being territorial," Lovely says with a smile.

"Why are you here?" Liam asks.

"To couch Adrienne with her hunger."

She can help me. Somehow I know it and strangely enough, I welcome it.

"Lovely, please leave. You shouldn't be here," Lima says.

"Neither should you," Lovely replies.

Ever stirs in her sleep causing us all to look at her. Her face and chest area become fully visible. As if reacting on its own my tongue glides across my lips. Liam holds onto me tighter.

"Ever, sleep," Lovely whispers.

Ever takes in a deep breath; her body falls and relaxes as she exhales. She becomes completely still and I have to stare at her just to confirm that she is still breathing.

"Do not worry. She will sleep through the night. Adrienne, if you thirst or hunger for her what should you do?" Lovely asks.

What should I do? I don't know. I look to Liam to see if he has any answers. He looks just as confused as I am. I pull away from him and he tries to gather me in his arms.