Chapter 78: Tingles!

Adrienne

"Come here."

"No, Ari."

"Ba- beh, I said come here," I repeated while taking steps toward her.

"No, Ari," she insisted while stepping back, "I don't want to."

"Not an option, you lose so it's time to pay up."

"Not fair you cheated."

I shook my head no, "there's no cheating in love. You chose dare, therefore you have to do as I commanded."

"You tricked me into the dare," she said as she took steps back.

"I want my payment in full," I whispered.

"Okay, can I do it tomorrow?"

"Sure, I'm fine with that but I also need you to pay me right now."

"But Ari that's twice. That's unfair."

"Yes, life seems to be that way."

"What if I don't do it?"

"You will."

"How can you be so sure?"

"I commanded it and I'm your wife."

"Ari," she says with a giggle.

"Ever."

"Ari, please no."

"Ever, when are you going to stop stalling and pay me?" I said just as her back hit the wall.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, stood on her tiptoes, and kissed me on the cheek while I closed my eyes and savored every second of it.

"You're cute but that's not going to get you out of it."

"Okay, can I do it next week?" she asked and pouted her lips while giving me sad doe eyes.

"No, now."

"Fine, where's the mop?" she said and pushed me while she walks past me.

"In the utility closet of course. Wait don't get the mop first. Go get the red heels and take your clothes off."

"This isn't fair," she mumbled to herself as she crossed her arms over her chest and walked toward the bedroom.

One of the most adorable things I had seen her do.

The image of her mopping my kitchen floor wearing only red high-heeled shoes will forever be in my memory.

I miss her.

This is useless. I uncover the half-cooked inedible angel hair pasta noodles soaking in cloudy water and leave the lid on the counter.

"Lights off," I command the kitchen.

With my head held down, I slowly make my way into my bedroom, walk into the closet, and sit down against a wall.

"Lights on," I softly say.

I've kept my clothes in order and by category

I don't understand why she hasn't come back to us. Liam is out of prison now. We can help her with her grief or at least make sure she gets help.

Ever please come back to me. I need you.

As usual, when I'm alone, tears fill my eyes. I bring my knees up to my chest, lay my head against them, and let the tears fall.