Chapter 116: My Calm Place

Adrienne

Anyone would agree with me that it's best to behave if you're out on bail; anyone in their right mind that is. Anyone out on bail would have at least waited until their initial reason for going to jail was expunged before getting into more trouble. Anyone except for my idiot of a husband who decided to get into an altercation with Drew and temporarily murdered him in the most brutal way possible. If given the chance I'm sure he would have hidden his body away so that Drew would have permanently left Plethora.

All over a kiss; a simple peck that meant absolutely nothing the moment it happened. Nor did it hold any fond lasting memories; despite his multitude of ignored calls.

Since I cannot do anything about his current predicament, unless I were to be arrested again as well, I'll let Lennox work some miracle in his favor and focus on my other love for the time being.

Minute by minute, second by second I grow more anxious as I stand in front of her door and stare at the carefully crafted awning above her frosted glass doors. Only Ever would add such a strange piece to an inside suite door and pair it together with glass. I'd have to admit it give gives it more character; charming even. If that was her goal she certainly succeeded.

I hope she doesn't do the same to my suite as she finishes it up, that a uniqueness that rightfully belongs to her and her alone.

From this vantage point, it sounds like she's cooking away with Skye Ivee, Tessa, and Samantha; though I imagine Skye Ivee is doing most of the prep work and will probably do most of the cooking. They all sound cheerful and in good spirits.

My presence may ruin the mood.

"Are you going to go in or stand here and stare at her door?" Ava asks waking me from my thoughts.

"It's unique, isn't it? Different?" I ask.

"It certainly is, weird like Ever, but I'm sure you didn't come this way to stare at her door. What are you waiting for?"

"I'm not sure if she's ready to see me," I respond.

"So you stand out here–"

"I'm trying to build up the courage. I just have to figure out a way to not alert Jinx."

"I have a way," Ava offers.

"You do, I'm open to suggestions. What is it?"

"Let her deal with Jinx and you focus on restoring your relationship. Ari this is a journey, this is something she has to learn to deal with. It isn't something you and Liam can fix."

"Whatever, we can try," I say under my voice and watch as she throws her hands in the air.

My dearest Ava, oh how I love her but she can be unnecessarily animated at times. Though her face is distorted because of my comment, I can't help but notice the hidden smile behind her eyes. She looks very beautiful in an ankle-length pink tee-shirt dress.

"You look comfortable today," I remark.

"I am. So are we going to stand outside her door and talk about me or are you going to go in?" she asks.

The door seems to convert to some liquid substance as most things have been lately when I move about. I place my hand on it and it's as if I'm touching air.

From what they have told us we were in training with Lovely but I cannot for the life of me understand these new powers. Most of them seem out of line with my gift, unfortunately, I'll have to follow up with Lovely to understand what's happening with me and I'm sure she'll be cryptic and withholding with her delivery of important facts just to keep me at arm's length and in need of her assistance.

"Ari!"

"Yes," I respond as I notice Ava's concerned face.

"Are you about to walk through the door? Don't do that that. Ring the alert," she says.

I pull my hand back, slowly twist it, and stare at it as it seems to float after itself in a series of repeating events.

"Ari, what is it?" Ava asks.

"Nothing, I just don't understand myself," I say.

"Yes, that makes two of us. Queen Lovely needs to let us know what's going on with you and Liam," she says as she rings the door alert.

Since we're here I suppose ringing the door alert is much faster than the virtual alert.

Tessa stands at the door as it opens with Ever standing behind her and peeking over her shoulder. We step over the threshold into her nice-smelling floral suite. I must take in this scent as it will soon be temporarily masked by whatever savory scents Skye Ivee will make.

"Hey, Ari wants to see you Ever," Ava says as she skips off to the kitchen.

She fortunately stops in front of Tessa, grabs her wrist, and pulls her behind her.

Now that I'm left here alone with her, I'm not quite sure what to do or say. She stares at me with her lips slightly open as if she wants to say something but the words are caught in her throat. Regardless of her lack of words she looks adorable in her oversized light purple onesie and pinned up into a messy bun on top of her head. She looks like she rolled out of bed but knowing my Ever and her current company, she put effort into her morning grooming and decided on the cute sit-around-the-house look for today.

"I'm sorry," I say and hold my head down in shame.

Suddenly, I feel her against me and I'm engulfed with her scent.

"It's not your fault, Jinxie just wanted to talk to you, I'm sorry," she says.

"Please don't be sorry. It's my fault. I want to talk to you," I say as I wrap my arm around her waist, "I would like to go on a date with you if that is okay."

She nods her head, "Yes, Ari, I'll go on a date with you," she replies.

She reaches up and wipes a tear off my cheek, causing me to notice that I am crying. She pulls away from me and holds my hands.

"Skye Ivee is making us lunch. Well, we're helping. We're her sous chefs," she says with a smile, "Do you want to join us?" she asks.

"I would love to join you."

She grabs my wrist and tries to pull me after her but I remain still and watch as she turns around and looks at me with confusion.

Something is alluring about her. I can't quite put my finger on it but it's as if my love for her has extended beyond many dimensions and she is the only thing that keeps me grounded here. It's like she's my center, my calm place, and my desire to be near her trumps everything else.

Sometimes, deep down inside I yearn for more from her, and I don't understand what I want. It goes beyond a sexual experience but I feel like it may bring me a similar, if not, the same ultimate result.

"Ari? Ari, are you okay?" she asks.

"I love you," I whisper, "So much. Thank you for giving me another chance. I won't mess it up," I sincerely say.

"I love you too Ari," she says as she tugs on my arm, "Come on let's go help."

"Ever, I mean it. I won't mess this up. I promise," I say.

"I believe you."