Chapter 131: Except Us

Liam

It hasn't been a full twenty-four hours and our mansion front gate is lined with flowers and gifts, no doubt they are for the first High Queen in Plethora's history. I'll have cleaning droids go by later and destroy it all.

On second thought, I may have Edison do it later, he's much more efficient.

"Liam, are you okay?" her sweet voice rings behind me.

I turn around to see Skye Ivee standing near me.

"Yes, I'm okay, I'm just checking the security cameras to make sure everything is okay," I reply, "What are you doing up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep. I just kept thinking about the meeting," she replies.

I'm sure she has, I'm sure it has been on everyone's minds.

Skye Ivee looks around the kitchen.

"Can I ask you something?" she says.

"Of course," I say as I pat a barstool beside me.

"Was the image that Queen Lovely showed us of Ever's insides real?" she asks.

"Yes, it was real. Everything Lovely said about the diamond stone was true," I reply.

"Wow, so she's triple special. I understand why you and Ari are so protective of her," she says with a smile.

"Triple special?"

"Yes, she's High Queen, the Athelstan diamond stone carrier, and she can birth children."

Birth children? Crap.

I slap my hand against my forehead.

"Did Harrison tell you that?" I ask.

"No, I saw her womb on the scan, it's intact.," she replies.

Crap. I stand up.

She wouldn't have been the only Plethorian to notice it.

I could kill Lovely.

"If I may ask, after she births children for you and Ari, do you think she'll be willing to have children for others? Or will you all be willing?" Skye Ivee asks.

"Years ago we discussed having children and decided now is not the time with the families at odds. We never seriously discussed her having children for other plethorians, I don't know if we would ever agree to something like that. If you're hoping–"

She places her hand on my arm, "I'm not hoping. You're already giving me more than I could ask of you. I was just wondering," she says cutting me off.

I take her hand and mine and kiss it.

Though she backtracked, I'm sure if we were willing she would be a plethora to ask that of us.

My sweet Skye Ivee.

"Thank you," I say.

I know she doesn't mean any harm but we can't deal with this on top of everything else right now.

I activate my armstation and display Adrienne's hotel room. They are just as I left them, in bed together. Adrienne stares at Ever and plays with her hair.

Ever looks relaxed in her arms. I hope she stays that way when she finds out I replaced her two companion droids with three War droids that will be with her at all times.

Skye Ivee looks at the floating image and smiles.

The suns make their way over the horizon.

"Since we're up, would you like to cook breakfast with me?" I ask Skye.