Chapter 1: Touch Me

Liam

Plethora 28 years before; Spring 2027

As usual, she's laying against her eloquent huge pillows waiting on us with a smile of delight painted across her face. She of all Plethorians resembles our first family the most. She is very captivating, still holding her youthful appearance at the time of her induction into temporary immortality. Her beauty is beyond me, it's a combination of outer beauty and inner beauty. A woman of many gifts, there isn't a gift that she does not possess. Her most unique gift is she's able to see someone's gift at its fullest before they even know what it is. She is attracted to power; the more someone has the more she wants them. Her strange wisdom drives me crazy and it's what makes her beautiful.

The small tiara shines into my face from its resting place on her head surrounded by thick hair swept into a bun as she stands up from my desk chair and approaches me. Her long flowing dress appears to squeeze her breast and stomach in the right places and is stunning. Those light hazel eyes have caused my eyes to dance at the sight of them. Her outstretched arm beckons for a greeting by our lips; I'm sure because she's teaching us to be perfect gentlemen. Once we each plant a kiss on her hand, as imagined she will rise to greet us. Hopefully, I'll make it to Queen Lovely first.

Being a young man in training is quite difficult. However, having my friends, well my brothers, Drew, Michael, Preston, Harrison, Aiden, and Edison in training with me has made it bearable. During the day we learn about our history and finances. After our evening meals were taught different fighting techniques and shortly after were forced to mean life lessons. We are tested to make sure we comprehend our lessons, and we make sure we pass each test, no one wants to fail, or he will suffer the consequences. We must learn how to separate our emotions from the truth as our leaders often say.

Though she isn't, Lovely is like our mother. Most of us are orphaned by the death of our parents. My mother died when I was five and she somehow fills that void for me. Most nights, before bedtime Queen Lovely invites us into her suite. It's our freedom time. We often share what we have learned from our teachings. Queen Lovely tells us stories. Sometimes she talks about my mother and she talks about my brother's deceased loved ones, most likely to comfort us. She allows us to do whatever we desire. We run around the room chasing each other, jump on her bed, and play in her makeup though I'm not sure why she has it as she does not need it - maybe to add a little extra for effect. We sit in her window seat sometimes and stare out the window. She watches us with a look of amusement as if she's watching her late teen years play out before her.

Today, instead of walking we all rush into her room; good I'm the first to kiss her extended hand and get the pleasure of gloating at them with my smile. They follow me and quickly find anything to do after greeting our Queen. Aiden jumps into the bed with her, and Preston walks over to her oversized mirror admiring himself, probably thinking his growing puny muscles are something. Edison and Harrison scan their hands in front of the television scanner to turn it on so that they could watch TV and fight over channels by tapping their fingers on their wrist to turn the channels. I'll just sit here in her window seat and stare at the sky.

Moments later Aiden steps in front of me with a face full of makeup and a huge smile on his face, "Look, Liam," he says making sure I see him.

"You look pretty but you don't need it," I reply and return to staring at the sky as he skips off.

"Move!" Preston shouts.

I turn to see him and Aiden trying to step in front of each other in the oversized mirror.

"Go use the little mirror, Aiden," Preston says.

"No, you had your turn. You go use the little mirror."