Chapter 68: Fifteen Minutes

Liam

3:27 in the afternoon, she should be fully awake and prepared for new visitors' because of her current guest I decide to properly ring her doorbell and say hello.

Very quickly and to my dismay, Jinx Spade stands in my doorway with her hand crossed in front of her chest. She taps her legs fully showing off the knee-length light pink Chiffon dress she decided to "borrow" for the day with a black leather vest over it. Honestly speaking it makes a good combination. Yesterday, it didn't go unnoticed that she was dressed in Ever's nightgown and here she is wearing one of her dresses. Apparently Jinx Spade has been a nightmare all on the new habit of wearing Ever's clothes must end now.

"Go away," she angrily mumbles through her teeth.

Adrienne appears behind her and smiles at me, "Jinx, I have it she says," stepping around her, "how about you help Glacee with dinner," she says.

"Why is he here?" Jinx Spade asks.

"I'm not sure but I'd like to find out, please give us a minute."

Jinx Spade steps away clearly upset as Adrienne leans against the doorpost.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask.

"Her yourself; I'm fine," she says.

"I'm sorry I couldn't– you know, I just wanted to make sure you were satisfied."

"You were wonderful, I loved it," she shyly whispers with a smile like a schoolgirl and holds her head down.

I lift her head and look into her beautiful lavender eyes, "I love you and miss you."

"Same," she says earning a smile from me.

I lean in, kiss her on the forehead, and take her by the hand, "I need to show you something do you have 15 minutes?"

"For you of course," she says, "let me grab some shoes."

"No don't; Jinx will try to stop you from leaving with me. Ride on my back," I command as I turn around and bend down so that she can position herself.

She quickly does so and turns toward her door, "door close," she says to it.

As I stand she rests her chin on my shoulder.

"Hey, where are we going?" she asks as I walk past my suite.

"The Underground Hotel. What I have to show you, is private."

"Okay."

*****

I place her on the bed and watch as she settles in. I sit with my back turned away from her at the foot of the king-size bed. She crawls closer to me and wraps an arm around my neck. I activate my armstation.

I turn toward her, "We're assuming Jinx is going to give her statement soon, before she does I want to show you that I didn't touch her," I say turning away from her, "armstation show me Jinx Spade bodycam Spring 47, 2054," I command and hear Adrienne gasps.

"Liam," she says with worry, "you have a tracking device on her?"

"Yes."

"But, you can get into a lot of trouble if you are caught with that."

"I know it's illegal but I don't trust her. This video is from yesterday. I've shown it to Lennox and she's not going to use it unless she absolutely needs to."

"What good will that do if you end up in jail?"

"I own the suite Jinx is staying in. We will claim that cameras were installed for security purposes prior to her stay."