Chapter 97: Closeness

Adrienne

The lunch the ladies brought back from Cradle Dee's looked delicious, unfortunately, none of us were hungry enough to eat much of it. Ava, Taylor, and I silently pack the lunch away in the fridge. While Ever silently sits at the table with Lennox.

"Hey, leftovers are good too," Taylor says.

"They are," Ava says as she nods in agreement.

Ever and Lennox sits across from each other at one of the six four-plethorian white-grayish glass tampered tables in the grand kitchen holding hands. Lennox looks in awe as she stares continuously stares between Ever's face and her hand. I'm sure the tingles are mesmerizing.

I need to be near her. I'm not sure why I have these periodic urges to be within arms reach of her but when I listen to my body, I feel better.

Placing the container down on the counter, I walk near them. As I approach, Lennox hesitantly stands and lets me have her seat. I place my hand in Ever's and enjoy the tingles as they travel up my arm. I'm not sure why but I immediately feel better.

"You are so beautiful," I softly say.

She smiles at me and returns to looking out the window.

"Would you like to go outside?" I ask.

She shakes her head no.

"What are you looking at that is so interesting?"

She holds her head down, "It's pretty; when something is very pretty I can stare at it all day and get lost in it."

"I understand how you feel. I feel like that every time I look at you," I say.

She puts her hands over her face to try to hide from me. Cute. I take both her wrists and slide them down.

"There she goes, my beauty. Don't be shy."

She smiles and turns her face away.

"You are too adorable. After dinner, I would like to do something with you but it involves trust. I need you to trust me okay."

She nods her head yes.

"Ari?"

"Hum."

"Will you take me flying, please?"

"Yes, I can do that. I'll take you after dinner but I need you to do something for me."

"What is it?"

"When we have dinner this evening I want you to eat everything that I put on your plate and nothing less."

She gives me the biggest smile, "Okay, Ari."

*****

Dinner went a lot better than lunch. As she promised she ate everything I put on her plate, and though she complained of being full, she made it through. Maybe this tactic will get her to eat more, more often.

The evening flight was fun and relaxing, even though we were being watched by the Waldemars and Chevaliers.

Now if only I could get her to calm down.

"Baby, calm down."

"Ari, I want to go flying again," Ever happily announces as she moves away from and toward the window.

"Window close," I say and watch it as it shuts in her face.

She turns toward me with an innocent face.

"Ari, please," she says with excitement reminding me of the Ever that I have missed.

"No, that's enough for today. Besides, you promised me that you'll do something for me."