Chapter 65: Sleep With Me

Liam

Finally, I'm back on Adira Island.

How can I explain to Jinx Spade that I'm innocent of Nicholas' death? It will be impossible for her to accept the truth and allow Ever to return without the proof that Lovely has. If only I can get Lovely to give it to me so that this part will be over and I can work on gaining Ever's forgiveness.

With no proof whatsoever, I stand in front of the hotel room door bracing myself for what may come.

"Door open," I command the door.

The door opens to reveal a dark empty room. As I make my way through the hotel room I notice how eerily quiet it is just before noticing a speck of light shining from the restroom. Heading that way I pause as her feet against the restroom lets me know she's seconds from exiting. Sure enough, the doors open for my darling friend. Her presence alone makes me smile.

"How are you?"

"I'm okay Ava, how are you?"

"Fine under the circumstances."

"Is she giving you a hard time?"

"Yes," Ava replies rolling her eyes.

"Thanks for watching over her but I think I'm going to let her go," I say, sharing my last-minute decision with her.

"No, you can't, she will report you. Are you doing this because you found out you did not kill Nicholas?"

Surely she got that information from Adrienne.

"Did Adrienne tell you that?"

"Yes, and she left you a message."

"What is it?"

She walks toward me so beautifully that her frame catches my eyes and brings me pure delight as she approaches.

"Lights on," she says to the lighting system.

The bright lights quickly fill the room causing me to briefly shield my eyes with my forearm.

Darn. Ouch. Crap.

I can't move, my mouth can't form any words from this stinging. While I was distracted by the sway in her hips and the lights, she slapped me as hard as she could, and with Ava being the woman of stone it's extremely excruciating. Ava smiles at me as I kneel on the floor and struggle to catch my breath, clearly amused by her handy work.

As I continue to struggle to breathe. Ava bends in front of me and rubs her thumb against my lips; as she pulls it back, I notice blood.

Needing a moment, I surrender and completely fall to the floor. As I look up at the ceiling fan I focus on regulating my breathing.

After my moment of shock and breathing back to normal, I'm able to sit up and confront her.

"Why?" I ask.

"I simply delivered a message from Ari."

"Darn, that hurt. Please don't deliver me any more messages from Ari. I can't believe you stood there admiring your work."

"Well, what can I say? I enjoy what I do. Besides, you're fine, you were only helpless for three minutes, ha. Jinx is in the bathroom, don't let her go until you have patched things up and you can be assured she won't report you. I'm going to the Woman's House to plan for the weekend, call me if you need help," she says and kisses me on the forehead before walking away.

"Okay, thank you."

I'll have to visit the rebuilt Woman's House soon one weekend. From what I heard it completely contrasts the old Woman's House which was inviting with an old World charm. During its renovation, the Women borrowed our house and enjoyed our "man cave" so well that they included their very own "woman's cave" in the new house. Even with the minor touches the house needs.