Chapter 23: My Dress

Adrienne

Plethora Fall 2031

"Uhm"

Sunlight drifts threw the glass of the window, causing a slight stirring in my body. My heavy thick white blanket, 1800 thread count soft sheets, and comfy pillows are all that I desire; please sun go away...just for a moment. A pillow momentarily becomes my sanctuary of escape from the pleasant but annoying sunlight.

"Wake up Ari, I have something for you," Ava says.

My body stirs and I hold my finger, signaling that a moment is needed.

All of a sudden, my sheets and blanket retreat from my body, and my pillow is yanked off my face.

"Get up Ari."

Rising, my eyes behold Ava standing in front of me with a long white box in her arms. My sleepiness is immediately replaced with excitement.

"Is it my dress?"

"You know that it is. Lovely wants you to try it on in her suite, grab your stuff."

Like a wofche, or so I've heard; I rummage through my drawer for my hair pins and corset. The closet is my next victim as my shoes and tiara box are quickly pulled from it. My tiara, once belonging to my mother is my something old; It's beautiful.

We walk down the hall to Lovely's suite, with Ava still gripping my dress box in her hands refusing to let me even take a peek at it.

Once inside Lovely, Natalie, Chloe, and Samantha are all there with smiles on their faces. Minor jealousy stings my heart for a few seconds upon looking at Chloe. She does very well in her role as Lovely's Assistant. Thinking about it, it would not have been a good fit considering I wouldn't allow Liam to have her. I suppose that role was not destined for me, which is why this feeling of jealousy is a bit confusing. Now, however, is not the time to dwell on futile things.

"Ava, take Adrienne into my dressing room and help her get dressed."

We obey Queen Lovely's command and walk into her oversized dressing room. Ava helps me put on my dress. The beveled mirrors reflect a beautiful image of me. An image that is like my mother's and Jessica's but holds a distinct beauty of its own. For the first time in a long time, I feel alluring in front of the mirror.

The all-very white dress is extremely gorgeous. The sweetheart's torso is engraved with diamonds in each tiny hole between the lace material. Its tight fit squeezes my stomach and forces my bust to overflow from the top of the dress. The medium size straps that sat on my shoulders also have diamonds engraved into the material. The full white organza bottom flares at my hips with a huge volume of ruffles.

Ava quickly pins up my hair, places my mother's tiara on my head, puts in my dangling diamond earrings, and slides a matching bracelet on my arms. The dress and accessories create an astonishing assemble.

Ava and I step out of the dressing room together.

"Wow, you look beautiful Adrienne," Samantha says, clearly impressed with my selection.

"She sure does. Spin for us."

Lovely approval thrills me. Everyone else has smiles on their faces only Natalie seems insincere.

"Good thing useless Jessica isn't here; she would have blood all over your dress."

Natalie's comment is hurtful and causes me to stop spinning. Like an out-of-body experience, I watch my body react before my mind can catch up to it. I grab Natalie as fast as I could by the hair and punch her in the side of her head, right over her temple. We are separated by an invisible force.

My flowing dress and feet are all that I see as my body quickly flies backward. My shoes almost simultaneously fall off my feet. Ouch. Pure pain consumes my back as it crashes into the wall. Roughly about four inches from the floor, I'm struggling to move but can't seem to do so. Excruciating pain starts to creep into my toes as Natalie tries to run toward me. Chloe grabs her by the arms and holds them behind her.

"Now, Princess Adrienne you must learn to ignore cruel words from others, no matter how inappropriate. Besides, it is not proper to fight in your precious wedding dress. Liam will expect it to be perfect," Lovely says.

Being pinned against the wall and unable to move by Lovely powers feels terrible. The pain in my toes travels up my feet and feels as if is cracking every bone from the inside.