Chapter 77: Overprotective

Liam

I admit it; I find Jinx Spade physically attractive. I'm sure that's part of the reason I've had the recurring dream of her trying to seduce me. In the woken world I'd never give in to any seduction; thank goodness I'm not attracted to her personality one bit.

"Why are you sitting in the dark?"

The sudden voice causes me to jump off of my couch and look around. My eyes quickly land on Taylor who seems amused with herself for scaring me.

"Lights–"

"No, leave them off. I'm here for business."

I activate my armstation to check the time; 3:30 a.m.

"This early."

"I told Edison to let you know I will be getting in touch with you."

"He told me to contact you."

"Ugh, why is it so hard for men to pay attention when they have their hands up women's skirts."

"Taylor."

"Well, men don't."

I slightly wave my finger in the air, "I'm not defending men to you and I find it disturbing that you guys were talking about me during sex."

"Foreplay."

I'm so done with her; I can't in no way entertain that.

"What do you need to tell me?"

"The private gift you gave Ari is gone. It was removed when her armstation went offline."

Her tracker is gone, just great.

"Were you able to track down how it became missing?"

"It wasn't manually done. Someone's power."

Which means, Lovely either did it or was behind it. I swing my fist in the air.

Taylor stands unseemingly unaffected by my silent outburst.

"Is there anything that you would like for me to do?" she asks.

"No, not yet."

*****

Michael and I met here early this morning. It's 11:30 a.m. and after being here for just over five hours it becoming increasingly tiresome but this work must be done. Numbers and images bounce around on this screen in front of me in perfect discord. At one point they made perfect sense but now their nothing more than useless jargon.

Michael on the other hand looks like he is getting a good amount of work done.

"What is it?" he asks after noticing me notice him.

"The budget doesn't make sense."

"Send it over, I'll take a look at it."

"Okay, It's on the way."

Soft steps against the hallway floor and her scent awakens my senses; here she comes.

My beautiful Adrienne.

After her tracker went out and my camera was removed, I've had a difficult time letting her out of my sight but being apart a bit is essential to any relationship.

That short dark blue shirt she is wearing with the white laced shirt is sultry. It showcases her well-toned legs, if only Michael weren't here.

"Hey, what are you guys working on?" she asks as she approaches my desk.

"Budgets."

"That's one thing I'm glad I do not have to deal with. Liam what are you getting into tonight?"

You.